Linking is the simplest type of ready-to-use integration, which makes a file from an external application or even an external website available in your platform. The link acts like a bridge between the Staffbase platform and external content. It's ideal if you want users to quickly access external content.
Staffbase offers various options to cover different business cases, ranging from hyperlinks to widgets and plugins that link external content to the platform. When a user clicks on a link from the web app, the user navigates away from the web app to the external website or application to access the linked content.
You can link content in the following features in your platform:
External Links in News & Pages
- Hyperlinks: Use hyperlinks in Pages and News editor to make clickable links available to users in their employee platform. The hyperlink will take them directly to the website, email, or phone number it is linked to.
- Linked widgets: Use linked widgets, such as Link List and Link Tiles widget to make external links available to users in a list or tile block format.
External Links in the App Menu
Make external content available to users on the main menu of both web and mobile apps. This is a great way, if you want to, for instance, provide the link to your website’s homepage as a menu item, which will take users directly to the homepage. For this, use Links plugin.
Quick Links for Native Apps
- You can add external content not only to your app menu but also as quick links that are easily accessible from a navigation bar. For this, use Links plugin.
Centralized Links in the Launchpad
- Make applications or websites your users access regularly available in one dedicated place in your employee platform, so that your users can access all their applications at one place. You can use Launchpad to link to different applications that your organization uses.
Embedding content in your platform is a method that takes linking-a-content one step further. It makes the user interface of an external application available in the Staffbase platform. Users experience the same user experience and comfort of their employee app or intranet without having to navigate away from their employee platform.
Embedding can also provide a new user interface for the external content to be displayed. So that the user interface on which the content is displayed matches with the design and theme of your employee app or intranet. This way it appears truly as a part of your employee app or intranet for your users.
Embedding External Content
- Embed external content from other applications and websites with ease in your employee platform. In this way, users can access external content as though it lives in their employee platform. If the external content is password protected and does not support the SAML protocol, then users need to sign-in with appropriate credentials to access the external content displayed in their employee platform. Example, Use Embedded Pages plugin.
Embedding Sign-In-Protected External Content
- Embed sign-in-protected content in your employee platform using SAML SSO protocol. In this way, users can access external content without actively signing in with their account credentials. The single-sign-on configuration works in the background to enable a seamless yet secure user experience. Users see the content in the menu and on a page inside the platform. For example, Use SAML plugin.
Embedding via Plugins
- Use a variety of readily available plugins to add content and services seamlessly. The plugins can be from our technical implementation partners or Staffbase itself.
Browse the Plugins page in the Studio to see what plugins are available to your organization. You can also reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you want to activate more plugins for your organization. Some examples are:
Establish a connection to an external system and between your employee app or intranet to display specific pieces of information from this system or even a process with several steps of user interaction and data exchange. Data connections to external systems take the comfort and experience of using the platform one step further.
Such connections can work both ways, from and to the Staffbase platform. This two-way approach gives you the flexibility to choose which approach is best for your organization.
- Staffbase provides integrations to major Microsoft applications, such as SharePoint and Microsoft 365.
- Synchronizing content from Staffbase to Microsoft, for example:
- Synchronizing content or services from Microsoft to Staffbase, for example:
Integrate your HR system or sub-processes from personnel administration into the Staffbase platform, for example:
- You can connect to RSS feeds from external websites to display their content in your platform. Learn more about it here.
- Managing users and their roles in all the different applications and systems of your organization is an ongoing effort for any large organization. Integrating user data and assigning users relevant roles and group attributes ensures that users can use the Staffbase platform efficiently. This also empowers your admins by simplifying and automating their tasks using advanced user management options. Integrating various processes in your organization's user management across different applications ensures that they are more reliable and efficient. Some of the popular standards and protocols available for user management on the Staffbase platform are:
Although these integrations for user management are ready-to-use integration methods, we actively encourage you to contact your Customer Success Manager to set it up properly.
- CSV import: You can manage the user life cycle through CSV import. You can create new users, update users, or remove users from the Staffbase platform when they leave your organization. Learn more about it here.
- SCIM for user synchronization: SCIM allows you to use an identity provider to onboard users to the Staffbase platform, create user groups, and remove users from the Staffbase platform when they leave your organization. Learn more about it here.
- SSO via SAML/OpenID: If your organization is already using an SSO application, you can onboard your users with their SSO accounts. Learn more about it here.