Getting started with integrations can be challenging. This is because there are a number of things you need to clarify before you can reach the solution you’ve envisioned. For this, you may need to take a few steps back and start to understand what the actual pain points are and how each involved system helps you solve them. Finally, you have to understand how these systems can connect you to the solution you have envisioned.
To guide you better and help you reach your goal faster, we have provided some tips and possible questions to ask yourself before starting.
Begin the groundwork by asking questions to understand what the integration needs to cover.
- What are the pain points with the existing approach?
- What is the business case you want to solve?
- What business scenario do you want to integrate from an external system? User Management, content or processes
- Where does the data in the external system exist? Cloud-based or On-premise?
- What is the nature of the system? A commonly used enterprise system or custom-built?
Envision how you want your solution to work by asking these questions.
- How do you want the user experience to be?
- Can the external content be displayed in its original interface or do you want it to be different?
- What method of integration do you want to use? Linking, embedding or connecting?
Now that you know what you want from both, a business case and solution perspective, see if the integration is: