Staffbase supports user management using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM). SCIM allows you to use an identity provider on the Staffbase platform to manage users in the following ways:
- Onboard users to the platform when they join the organization
- Create user groups to add users to relevant groups
- Offboard users from the platform when they leave the organization
- Remove user groups that are no longer required
For example, use Microsoft Azure Active Directory to automatically onboard and offboard employees to Staffbase platform next to other systems in your organization. In addition to Microsoft Azure Active Directory, you can use SCIM with different identity providers to manage users to the Staffbase platform and other systems in your organization. For example:
- Oracle Identity Management
- One Identity Manager
Advantages of Using SCIM
SCIM offers various advantages over traditional automatic user managements, such as CSV upload, User API, and LDAP. Some of the advantages are:
- Scalable model: It is ideal for user management across various tools and applications that your organization uses and ensures that you can manage the user lifecycle from a central point.
- Secure: Automatic and central user management ensures that there is a reduced risk of outdated user profiles in multiple applications in your organization. For example, when employees leave your organization at the end of their employment period, using SCIM the user profiles are updated right on time. This ensures that access to all applications for these user profiles are quickly revoked.
- Reduced cost and complexity: It builds on existing standards and reduces the IT team’s efforts involved in keeping every user profile up-to-date and synchronized with all the tools and applications used within the organization.
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about how to set up SCIM for user management.