All things new for our 4.3 release! This May we roll out our revamped Chat experience, new features and enhancements all around search and discovery in the app, and support of user management with System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM). Additionally, the Employee Directory and @mentions are leaving beta status and will be fully rolled out to all customers by default! Read more about all the exciting new features the 4.3 release will bring on May 14th!
Our Brand New Chat is Here!
Everything about our new Chat brings more ease and convenience to users’ chat experience. Our new streamlined user interface with easy navigation and new quick actions makes Chat ideal for sending timely direct messages. The newly added quick actions include muting, archiving, and leaving chat conversations, as well as deleting group conversations. These can be accessed on mobile devices with a simple swipe or long-tap motion.
With the new Chat, it’s the details that make the difference. We’ve created ease of access with simple updates, such as jump markers that help you jump directly to unread messages. One-on-one conversations can now also be started directly from a user’s profile, promoting engagement, and eliminating intermediary steps.
Get your employees chatting with our new and improved Chat! For more information on our Chat product, contact Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager.
Finding, Not Searching
Our new Search function is all about helping your users find content faster. It searches faster, shows highly relevant content, presents results in context, and guides users if their search was not successful.
The global search scans pages and news channels across your employee app, as well as the employee directory and returns first results while you type. Each letter entered narrows down the search results and brings the user closer to the relevant article, post, or colleague. The search now takes the last modification date of each piece of content into account, increasing result relevance. On top of these improvements, the search now also includes content from open groups in search results — even for users who aren’t in those groups. This ensures that all possible content sources are included and the employees never miss out on the relevant information.
Next to these speed boosters for getting to the relevant results, the new Search also has a revamped design that supports finding the needle in the haystack. The search now presents users with the context of the result by listing user results and content results in different categories. Each content result shows the breadcrumbs of where it “lives,” e.g., the page, folder, or news channel. Information such as department, location, or similar identifiers can be configured for user profiles to display as results in the search. Within this context, it’s easier to find the content you were looking for.
But what if there’s no result, or the user entered a typo in the query? The number of search results is clearly shown. If there is no result, this is stated clearly. The search term last entered will still be available in the search bar so that users can quickly try a similar term.
The new search will be rolled out free of charge to all users with this release. If you want open group content to be included in your search results, reach out to Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager to have this option activated for your platform.
Adopt a Cost-Effective and Secure User Management With SCIM
Onboarding new employees to your organization, managing updates to their profiles, and finally offboarding them when they leave your organization — in all the various applications each employee requires — is a huge challenge for administrators and IT. But with the System for Cross-Domain Identity Management (SCIM) it’s no longer a problem. SCIM is the industry standard for easily managing user lifecycle across different applications.
Staffbase is excited to announce its support of automatic user management with SCIM. Using a central identity provider, such as Microsoft Azure Active Directory, employees can be simultaneously onboarded to the Staffbase platform as well as your HR systems. You can also use other identity providers, such as Okta, Google, OneLogin, Oracle Identity Management, Idaptive, PingFederate, and so on.
- Reduce integration costs
- Simplify user lifecycle management
- Adapt to a secure and scalable model
Does this sound like the perfect user management solution you’ve been waiting for? Then reach out to Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager to learn more about this Enterprise exclusive feature. The Enterprise product also includes other exciting features, such as Spaces and Legal Document Targeting. All the more a reason to upgrade to Enterprise, assuming you haven’t done it already!
Connecting People with the New Employee Directory
The new Employee Directory, also known as Network, is finally here! After testing out our new and improved Employee Directory in Beta mode, it is now ready for a full rollout. We’ve improved the layout for administrators and made it easier for you to customize the Employee Directory for your organization. Complete with handy filters, the Employee Directory brings your employees together and helps them find important information quickly.
Bring communication to the foreground and activate our new Employee Directory, which is part of our People Product. Contact Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager for more information on the Employee Directory.
- @Mentions in comments are now available for all customers free of charge. We’ve been testing and improving @mentions since the last release in February and will now do a full rollout with version 4.3.
- It’s now possible to link the Chat and Employee Directory as quick links on the desktop menu bar. Icons with links to the Employee Directory and Chat will display in the top menu bar to allow easy access to these important app functions. Contact Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager to activate.
- On touchscreen devices, you can now refresh news channels and pages containing the News Stage or News Feed widget by pulling down from the top of the page.
- On mobile devices, the search function can now be added to the navigation bar as a quick link.
- Blurred backgrounds have been improved for different height-width ratios of images.
- The Forms plugin now has submissions with enhanced privacy options. When enabled, submissions cannot be accessed via the submissions tab in the Studio. Contact Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager for more information about form submissions with privacy options.
- In the Shift Plan plugin, a message is now displayed to employees making it easier for them to see when they have no assigned shifts for a week or longer.
- The Shift Plan plugin now uses the color scheme of your app to display users’ shifts.
- It’s now possible to show trending files in the Office 365 Files plugin.
- It is now possible to configure custom menus for mobile devices and desktop devices. This new beta feature makes it easy to tailor content for a specific device format. Contact Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager to activate this feature.
- The Launchpad now supports links to mobile apps by using app link and universal link technologies.
- Editors will now see a warning dialogue if they try to save a page or post which was simultaneously updated by another editor. This prevents editors from overwriting each other's work when editing at the same time.
Included Minor Release Since 4.2
4.3.001 - April 15, 2020
- During the registration process, a user’s content language can now be set automatically based on their device or browser language.
- The Change password function has been improved for enhanced security.
- In the Forms plugin, texts in the settings section have been improved to make the impact of each setting clearer.
- In the submissions tab of the Forms plugin the year has been added to the timestamp of all form submissions.
- When the fade effect was enabled in the News Stage widget settings, the arrows to navigate between posts did not work. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, the CSV-export for the Forms plugin was not working correctly. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, the @mentions dropdown menu was not fully visible. This has been fixed.
- In the group chooser dialog, the search field was displayed incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- In the News Feed widget, clicking the See all news option caused an error. This has been fixed.
- When accessing a post from the News Feed widget, some options were not displayed in the Edit dialog. This has been fixed.
- In certain cases, clicking the Statistics button on a post resulted in layout and navigation issues.
- In certain cases on Safari and Internet Explorer 11, the third level of the horizontal menu flyout did not align correctly. This has now been fixed.
- When hovering the mouse cursor over the company logo in the top header of the app it did not appear clickable. The cursor now changes as expected for links.
- When clicking on the number of likes on a post, the dialog with the list of users who liked the post did not open as expected. This has been corrected.
- In the Launchpad, links to the app that were not in https:// format did not work. This has been fixed.
- In the News tab in Analytics, the number of news posts was incorrectly shown as 0 when using the platform filter. This has been fixed.
- During partial CSV import, tags were not set and removed properly in certain cases. This has been fixed.
- The list of all public app content was not displayed in the Studio. The list displays again as expected.
4.2.501 - March 31, 2020
- Plugins often crashed when Editors tried to edit plugin settings. This has been fixed.
- In certain cases, administrators could not save changes to legal documents. This has been fixed.
- In the CSV import summary, the icon to indicate that a user was invited to the app was not shown next to names that were too long. This has been fixed.
- In the page editor, using the undo button to remove images did not work as expected. This has been fixed.
4.2.5 - March 24, 2020
- Administrators and managing editors are now able to configure widget visibility for user groups.
- Administrators can now add the name of an open user group in multiple languages.
- In the Registration dialog, the email field can now be configured as optional for users.
- User profile fields now expand to accommodate longer input texts.
- For new customers, the Employee Directory now comes with default settings for visibility and discovery of users.
- Videos played in the newsfeed will be counted towards a news post’s total views in Analytics. This feature requires activation by Staffbase Support or your Customer Success Manager.
- The wording in the dialog to confirm legal documents has been improved.
- Blurred backgrounds have been improved for different height-width ratios of images.
- The wording in the dialog to upload a video in posts has been enhanced.
- The accessibility of elements throughout the app have been improved.
- Layout elements of the accessibility mode were displayed in the Studio, even when accessibility settings were deactivated. This has been fixed.
- When a user was offline, the offline message displayed off-center. This has been fixed.
4.2.4 - March 10, 2020
- When positioning a drag and drop component, such as widgets or sections, in the Page Editor on Internet Explorer 11, the view jumped to the middle of the page. This has been fixed.
- In the public area, no posts were displayed in the News Stage widget. Posts now display as expected.
- In some cases, publishing a new post in a channel caused posts to display incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, user details did not appear in the profile page. All user details now appear correctly.
- Updated plugin titles were not reflected in the app menu. This has been fixed.
- An error occurred when editing on which devices widgets and sections are visible. This has been fixed.
- CSV export of Analytics data via email was not working for a short time. This has been fixed.
- In the News Feed widget, PDF attachment previews did not open. This has been fixed and PDF previews now open as expected.
- When a new post was published, the layout of the newsfeed was displayed incorrectly for those users, who were already in the newsfeed. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, it was not possible to switch between the public and user preview modes. This is fixed now.
- In some cases, resizing the widgets caused a visual glitch in the newsfeed. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, text formatting did not display as expected when using @mentions. This has been corrected.
- When using a video as the main article image, interactions, such as likes and comments, were not aligned with the layout. This has been fixed.
- In the Employee Directory, the layout of the My Division toggle was displayed incorrectly. This has been fixed.
4.2.3 - February 25, 2020
- The Fiori Plugin is now loading even faster than before.
- Links positioned under the News Stage widget did not work in some cases. This has been fixed.
- In cases, where users’ internet connection was weak, the notification center displayed incorrectly that there were no new notifications. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, the welcome page loaded too soon, when registering to the app using Single Sign-On. This has been fixed.
- PDFs can now be opened correctly in custom Fiori Apps.
- When using the Employee Directory in Internet Explorer, texts on the dropdown filter options overlapped with the ‘Cancel’ button. The layout has been fixed.
- The autoplay slider setting in the News Stage widget was not working as expected. This has been fixed and news posts in the slider now run in a continuous loop.
- When replying to a comment, the submit button was missing. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, infinite scrolling was not working in the news feed widget. This is now working as expected.
4.2.2 - February 13, 2020
- The formatting of update posts now appear in the news feed exactly as in the editor.
- In some cases when a user was automatically logged out, a misleading error message was displayed. This has been fixed.
- Background graphics were slightly misaligned in the registration and login process. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, entries appeared multiple times in the Employee Directory on desktop. This has been fixed.
- Content was sometimes translated into the wrong language in the content section of analytics. This has been fixed.
4.2.1 - January 28, 2020
- In the Studio, names of plugins are now localized in French and Spanish.
- The size of the input fields for editing user data in the Studio has been optimized for better readability.
- The size of the dialog for displaying legal documents has been optimized for desktop. Legal texts can now be read much more comfortably.
- Legal documents opened from the confirmation dialog now open uniformly in a single dialog on desktop. This means users no longer need to switch between different browser tabs.
- The layout of options in the document settings for legal documents has been enhanced.
- The manual user import process has been optimized. CSV files are now processed much faster.
- During CSV import in the Studio, the help text was not displayed during the user import preview step. This has been fixed.
- Using the "&" character in user group names caused the name to display incorrectly in the Studio. This has been fixed.
- User logs in the Studio did not record the correct action for users who reset their password. This has been fixed.