Start the new year with Release 4.10 and embrace efficiency. Our February release is all about bringing structure and joy to various aspects of your internal comms. Make everything coherent: importing users, planning with the editorial calendar, navigating through the platform, and much more. Explore all the exciting new features available to make you and your organization more efficient.
Editorial Calendar Blockers
Want to give content the attention and reach it deserves? The new blocker feature in the Editorial Calendar shows editors the timing of an important company announcement or event, so they can find the ideal time to publish. You can also set a publishing freeze with the blocker. All editors will be alerted to reconsider their choice of time when trying to publish a post from within the Studio.
Improved News Feed Widget
The News Feed widget allows you to add newsfeeds to your pages in different layouts. In addition to the enhanced, standard, and compact layout, you can now display newsfeeds in a space-saving list format with an optional media thumbnail. Also, thanks to the new help texts, finding a suitable layout is easier than ever before.
Working with CSV imports just got better and faster! The improved process can now handle large files reliably, and it’s more stable, faster, and less error-prone. This empowers you to reliably handle large changes to your user data with just one upload.
Never get lost in a sea of different content. Breadcrumb navigation will help guide users all along the way. Whether it be for news, pages, or other content, your users can trace their way throughout your platform with breadcrumbs.
- We're introducing eight new interface languages! The new interface languages are Albanian, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Khmer, Lao, Macedonian, and Malay.
- Now you have eight new content languages and they are Albanian, Amharic, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Greenlandic, Khmer, Lao, Indonesian, and Welsh.
- By January 31, 2022, we will no longer support the Internet Explorer browser. If your organization still uses Internet Explorer, Staffbase recommends trying the Microsoft Edge browser in compatibility mode.
- As a part of increasing security and performance, we will stop supporting unlimited user sessions and limit the maximum session idle time to six months.
- You can now preview PDFs within the app on Android devices without using an external or third-party app. Contact your Customer Success Manager to activate this feature.
- On iOS devices, tapping the status bar now leads you to the top of the page via quick scroll.
- Now you can use SailPoint as an identity management system to sync users using System for Cross-domain Management (SCIM).
- The minimum supported mobile app version is now 4.5.
Plugins and Widgets
- We've aligned Microsoft 365 widgets authentication flow with our Microsoft Search experience. Furthermore, the Microsoft 365 widgets will be authenticated using the same Microsoft Azure app. If you are already using Microsoft 365 widgets, ensure you have given the necessary permissions to the Microsoft Azure app to use the new flow. Administrators can enable the Microsoft 365 widget of their choice under Microsoft Connections in the Studio. Learn more. Contact your Customer Success Manager to activate this feature.
- We're introducing a new beta feature for Campaigns. Space administrators now have access to campaigns in their Studio menu structures and can create, view, edit, and assign posts to their own campaigns. They can also view the statistical information for their campaign-related posts and the overall statistics for an entire campaign. Contact your Customer Success Manager to empower your space administrators.
- The Quiz Calendar now promotes healthy competition practices. In the quiz settings, you can choose to reveal the correct answers only at the end of the day. This way, you’ll help prevent the premature sharing of results.
- As part of infrastructural improvements, we have introduced changes that might affect embedded content in your employee app or intranet. You might need to adjust the Content-Security-Policy (CSP) response header in place for the embedded content in your employee app or intranet. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Included Minor Releases Since 4.9
February 8, 2022
- Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint v188.8.131.52 has been released. The new version includes some exciting features for editors, such as:
- skip posts
- Multi-select feature for news source
A new authentication ensures that users will be automatically signed into the Staffbase platform when accessing News Central content if SSO is already configured between Microsoft 365 and Staffbase platform. Switch to the latest version today.
- In the news channel settings in the Studio, there are short description texts for the different channel layouts now to help you find the perfect layout.
- Space Admins were not able to assign news channels from their space to a News Stage or News Feed widget. This has been fixed.
- The native app couldn’t be installed on devices without back camera, for example, tablets. This has been fixed.
- The gallery view for images has been improved and feels more natural now.
- When writing a chat message, your last sent message wasn’t shown as expected. This has been fixed.
- There have been several issues with the usability of the iOS native email program. These have been fixed.
- The app’s status bar was not visible in dark mode, the when the app interface was white. This has been fixed.
- When playing audio files from the app, the audio player stopped as soon as the lock screen was activated. This has been fixed.
- Videos in news posts are played only in thumbnails and not in large format. This has been fixed.
- The gallery view for images has been improved and feels more natural now.
- On some devices, the app froze after using the swipe back gesture. This has been fixed.
- When viewing a chat conversation, the display didn’t show messages properly. This has been fixed.
January 18, 2022
- Customers using the Secure Media feature can now use custom icons in the menu.
- If infinite scrolling was enabled on a news page, the author of posts was displayed even if this was disabled in the channel settings. This has been fixed.
- Automatic translation did not work as expected when there was a File List widget on the page. This has been fixed.
- No play button was displayed for videos in MPEG2 format. This has been fixed.
January 4, 2022
- Greenlandic is now available as a content language for the web app.
- In the Studio, when the password security was set to 5 characters length, users were unable to set a new password with exactly 5 characters. This has been fixed.
- Users were able to see the app interface in Arabic only if the language in their app was configured to Arabic (Saudi Arabia). Now it also works if your browser language is set to Arabic.
December 21, 2021
- We have released a new version of Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint. The new version includes exciting user experience and performance improvements. Switch to the latest version today.
- In Surveys, results can now be downloaded as a CSV file. The CSV export includes results from every survey round, but only includes responses for questions with more than 5 answers.
- The News Feed widget has been improved. In addition to the standard extended, and compact layouts, there is now a list layout to choose from. Furthermore, a short helptext description has been added for all layouts.
- In the Forms plugin, the CSV export file names for form submissions have been improved to make them more meaningful.
- When playing videos from the media server, the selection menu was displayed outside the player in some cases. This has been fixed.
- It was not possible to add videos from Vimeo to pages. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, errors occurred when uploading and playing videos. This has been fixed.
- A download button was incorrectly displayed for videos from the media server. This has been fixed and the button removed.
- In some cases, images and videos uploaded in the editor were not displayed. This has been fixed.
December 7, 2021
- Space Admins are now able to use, see, and choose groups when group visibility is assigned to their space.
- In the menu editor, menu items have been adjusted to accommodate longer menu item titles.
- In the Editorial Calendar, you can now create draft posts directly from the sidebar.
- In the Forms plugin, the message shown to users during form submission uses correct German localization once again.
- Searching for users in the Employee Directory or the global search did not function as expected in all cases. This works once again as expected.
- In Search, filtering and sorting didn’t work as expected in some cases. This has been fixed.
- The News Feed widget did not show new posts instantly. This has been fixed, and new posts are instantly added to the news feed.
- In Surveys in the Studio, the month and day of the week were not translated into German. This has been updated.
November 23, 2021
- Search now comes with a cleaned-up design, improved metadata, and more consistency. This helps your users to find content even faster.
- Space Admins are now able to use groups within their spaces for widget settings.
- In the flyout of horizontal news menus, the show all button now leads to an overview of all news channels in the menu folder.
- Albanian, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Khmer, Macedonian and Malay are now available as interface languages.
- Albanian, Amharic, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Khmer, Lao, and Welsh are now available as content languages.
- In Surveys, the results button was not working as expected. This has been fixed.
- It is now possible to upload video files with special characters in the file name.
- In News, an error occurred when saving posts in multiple languages in an update channel. This has been fixed, and it is possible to save posts in multiple languages again.
- When using the News Feed widget, infinite scrolling did not work. This has been fixed.
- When using the News Feed widget, the skip post feature did not work as expected. This has been fixed.
- In News, the button to move posts between channels in the Studio did not work. This has been fixed, and it’s now possible again to move posts using the button.
- In the CSV import preview, users who were to receive an email invitation again were incorrectly displayed. This has been fixed.
November 9, 2021
- In the Quiz Calendar, editors can now set a custom time limit for quiz questions, and we've increased the character limit from 100 to 200 characters per question.
- In the comments overview, we've improved the way the badges and metadata are displayed.
- Comments edited by their author after they've been approved by the moderation team return to default status. Edited comments are treated as a new comment and no longer display the 'Approved' badge.
- In news, notifications for news posts disappeared if the news folder had more than two unread news posts and the user clicked on the folder in the navigation. This has been fixed.
- When viewing past days in the Quiz Calendar, introductory content before the questions was sometimes skipped. This has been fixed.
- In the Quiz Calendar, the quiz question dialog was displayed too small or too large on certain screen sizes. This has been fixed, and dialogs now have a minimum and maximum limit.
- Space admins couldn't see all groups that are part of their space except those groups where they're a group admin. This has been fixed.
- In the Employee Directory, using too many filters in the Search caused errors. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, the list of users who liked a post was not displayed correctly. This has been fixed.
- After signing in to the app, users were incorrectly redirected to the public area or a blank page. This has been fixed.
- When editing the Welcome page, if a new language was added and an existing language removed, it was not possible to save the changes. This has been fixed.