Jump into summer and enjoy new features and improvements with Release 5.0, coming August 10th, 2022! Now is the time to take on the new Studio and Dashboard and expand how your employees can respond to news with brand new reactions for posts. Align your internal comms channels with Employee Email in the Editorial Calendar and updated news post statistics featuring insights into channel performance. Read all about these improvements and more below!
New Studio & Dashboard
More Reactions for News
Give your employees a variety of ways to react to news posts! Now your employees have more options to give authentic, nuanced, and universally understood feedback, all while staying professional. In addition to the Like come Celebrate , Support , Insightful , and Thanks . Everyone will find a natural way to react to all types of topics.
Search in Files
Now, you can search for and find content within all text-based files attached to Pages and News. Your search results are displayed in the new Files tab in the global Search. Furthermore, you can narrow your search results by filtering the results based on file types, the location where the file is attached, and the date range.
Editors now have a quick access library to either upload new files, or reuse their previously uploaded files, when creating content for News and Pages. Find your File Manager under the paperclip icon in the News and Page editor toolbar. Editors have an elevated user experience of creating content with the new progress bar, indicating upload progress, and the context menu to edit or remove media files.
Post Statistics for Channel Performance
Editors can now see new, detailed post statistics directly from the News channel overview in the Studio. New metrics add valuable insights into the most effective channels for your internal communication. Learn more about the sources that bring traffic to a post, get details on the reach for mobile and desktop devices, and see if employees watched a video directly in the newsfeed.
Multiple Choice Survey Question
Expand your surveys further and open up the possibilities of answers with the multiple choice question. You can pose a question and create many different possible answers for your employees to choose from. Leave the number of answers they choose up to them or define a limit to how many they can select. Additionally, you can view question results in their original numerical order or by most selected.
Multichannel Editorial Calendar
Streamline and plan your internal communications for different channels with the multichannel Editorial Calendar. When Employee Email is in the Studio, editors can see their own scheduled and sent emails alongside news posts and blockers. The flyout menu gives quick-view statistics for sent emails, including the open rate, number of recipients, and more. Provide a seamless content planning experience for your editors with this integrated overview.
Email Distribution List Sharing
New sharing options for distribution lists are available with Employee Email. Perfect for a more granular approach, list owners can now manage the sending and editing permissions for individual users in the web app and Studio.
Email Distribution List Filter and Search
Create filters to find specific contacts quickly using keywords or letters from email addresses when editing an Employee Email distribution list or checking the All Contacts page. You can now also look up distribution lists by their display names in the new search.
Microsoft 365 File Viewer Widget
The File Viewer widget is the latest addition to the Microsoft 365 widget family. Display any type of file format from Microsoft SharePoint or OneDrive center stage on News posts and Pages. Save the effort of uploading a file twice, and add a presentation, video, and more, for your employee to click through or watch directly within the Staffbase platform.
Microsoft 365 Widgets
The improved Microsoft 365 widgets come with some significant design and usability improvements:
- In the Document Library widget, you can now directly select the library you want to display from the configuration dialog, eliminating the hassle of configuring through providing the library URL.
- Similarly, for the Calendar widget, you can directly select a group or shared calendar to display when configuring the widget.
- In the Files widget, you can now configure a list of files you want to display based on the search query.
If you are using the old authentication method, where you have Microsoft sign in and sign out under your Profile menu, you will be migrated to the new authentication method with sign in under Connected Accounts. In this case, you need to regrant the permission for the new Azure App Staffbase Integrations. In the Studio, under Microsoft Connections, you will also find all the Microsoft 365 widgets enabled by default.
Native Apps and Intranet
- Staffbase now supports all popular video formats. You can upload videos in a variety of formats even from mobile devices, but Staffbase recommends using mp4, mov, or avi files. Learn more.
- The Chat received a number of improvements:
- Users can now quote and directly reply to a message. Learn more in the article on using the Chat.
- Users can now delete one-on-one chat conversations. The conversation will only be deleted for them and not for the other participant.
- Bosnian and Flemish are available as new interface languages.
- Bosnian, Burmese, Flemish, and Swahili are available as new content languages.
- On August 19, the dirico News integration will get several improvements for better usability. Now, when creating a Staffbase post in dirico, Editors get better support to focus on content creation.
- All languages that are configured as company languages in the Staffbase platform are available in the content editor in dirico.
- Email notifications are now available next to push notifications.
- Simplified configuration procedure that only requires a basic one-time setup of the connection to Staffbase and makes all news channels available afterward.
- The design and fonts were improved and are now more consistent in dirico.
Read more about working with the integration in the dirico Support Portal (login protected).
- Combine the power of the Staffbase studio with Valo Intranet by adding Staffbase News in Valo Intranet for SharePoint. Learn more.
Included Minor Releases Since 4.11
August 9, 2022
- Across the platform, the icon for Like has been updated to a thumbs-up.
- In Surveys, editors for Quick Pulse Surveys can now copy the Survey Link in order to link directly to the user view of the survey
- In some cases on Pages, PDFs were not opening properly inside of a widget. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, individual images and picture galleries were not working as expected. This has been fixed.
- In the Studio Dashboard, the user interaction statistics between two dashboard tiles were not aligned. This has been fixed.
July 21, 2022
- Staffbase now supports the upload of 10-bit videos improving the video viewing experience offered by the platform.
- Sometimes users invited with administrative rights were downgraded to the role of a normal user. This has now been fixed.
- In Surveys, browser and platform content languages were not working as expected for surveys with multiple language versions. This has been fixed.
- Notifications for news posts displayed an icon instead of the preview image. This has been fixed.
- In News, in some cases using an image as a link wasn’t possible anymore. This has been fixed.
- For some devices uploading images lead to a rotation of the image. This is now fixed.
- In some situations, data consumption for video and audio files was very high. This has been fixed.
July 7, 2022
- In Chat, users can now quote and directly reply to a message. Learn more in the article on using the Chat.
- In the Calendar plugin, the order of the days of the week has been updated to display Monday to Sunday.
- When using the app or intranet as users, Administrators had access to content of groups that they were not part of. This has been fixed and as users, Administrators now only see their content according to their group and visibility settings.
- In Chat, exiting fullscreen mode after playing a video didn't work as expected. This has been fixed.
June 16, 2022
- In the forms plugin, Android users can now also upload files other than images, such as videos or PDF files.
- Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint v22.214.171.124 has been released. The new version includes fixes, such as:
- Support for the new OAuth and Token URLs after Staffbase Azure migration for US environments
- With the News Pages as a source, Update posts are no longer excluded from the feed
- User avatars in Update posts are displayed once again as expected
- The Editorial Calendar received a design overhaul. All existing functionalities remain, but with a cleaner, updated look and feel.
- Now when uploading a video to the Staffbase platform, a progress bar is available to show the progress.
- When editing news, in some cases language content translations were switched. This has been fixed.
- When translating news posts with automatic translations, the teaser text and title were not pre-filled in the translated post. This has been fixed.
- In Analytics, there were blank spaces for names of deleted News channels. This has been fixed.
June 2, 2022
- In News, for Content Reviews you can now invite collaborators regardless of their role in the platform, every employee can be a collaborator. Every collaborator gets a link to a review page without accessing the Studio.
- In Chat, users can now delete one-on-one chat conversations. The conversation will be only deleted for them and not for the other participant.
- Flemish and Bosnian are now available as interface and content languages.
- Burmese and Swahili are now available as content languages.
- Staffbase now supports all popular video formats. You can upload a variety of video formats even from mobile devices, but Staffbase recommends to use MP4, MOV, or AVI files.
- In News and Page editors when editing media files, now you have the editing option as context menu icons. When selecting the file, you’ll see the available editing options. For example, the option to set preview images for video files and cropping and changing aspect ratios for images.
- Custom icons were shown only in the menu and not in search results. This has been fixed.
- On the desktop, when using the vertical menu, custom icons were displayed as too small. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, videos were stopped after about 10 minutes of playback. This has been fixed.
- In the News overview, changing the page size for the pagination didn't work as expected. This has been fixed.
- In Pages, image cropping for the Hero Image and Portfolio widgets was not functioning as expected. This has been fixed.
- On Pages, the resolution of large single images was automatically scaled-down, which led to blurriness. This has been fixed, and the image is now displayed in a resolution that fits the devices.
- In the App- and Intranet Settings, after creating profile fields, settings were not saved correctly. This has been fixed.
- In News channels in the app or intranet, the notification badges were displayed with wrong alignment. This has been fixed.
- In the mobile app, the image description in the image gallery is now displayed again.
May 12, 2022
- In the Quiz Calendar, when the Advent Calendar option for December has been selected, the word December has been removed from each individual quiz question door. This provides a neater and more seamless user experience.
- In the Quiz Calendar, when ranking is disabled, editors now see a hint that they are testing the calendar.
- In the Quiz Calendar, questions are shown in the user’s selected platform language. In addition, other language functionalities have been improved to provide a more seamless user experience.
- When configuring a Quiz Calendar, editors can now see what the calendar looks like for users when the correct answers are not shown immediately after answering.
- We implemented a new type of custom profile field, which allows displaying the manager of a user. This field can currently only be filled via a data sync. Ask your Customer Success Manager to activate the profile field.
- With the new Dashboard activated, in the top navigation bar, the button for page versioning was invisble. This is fixed.
- Media files with long filenames did not in all cases function as expected. File names are now limited to a maximum length of 255 characters and work as expected. The Media API documentation has also been updated accordingly.
- Due to the migration to the new media server, some links to Launchpad app icons didn’t work anymore. This has been fixed.
- In the Quiz Calendar, the way ranking was displayed after the 20th place did not work as expected. This has been fixed.
- In the Quiz Calendar, the spacing for longer titles was not working as expected. This has been fixed.
- In the Studio, when opening the settings of a new plugin, a discard changes dialog didn’t work as expected. This has been fixed.