The search function can be made even more accessible for mobile devices by adding it to the navigation bar as a quick link. By doing this, you are giving your users immediate access to search for content or users the moment they open the app.
Creating a Link to the Search Function
- In the admin interface, navigate to the Links plugin.
- Click Add Link.
A dialog to add a new link opens.
- Give your link a title. This title will not be visible to end users in the app.
- Under Target URL insert the URL for your app, followed by /search-mobile.
Your link should look something like this:
- Select the visibility of your link from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add link.
Configuring Search for the Quick Links Navigation Bar on Mobile
- Navigate to Menu and follow the procedure to configure a quick link for the link you created.
- In the quick link settings, set the Device visibility to mobile only.
- After successful configuration, navigate to Links > the search link you created previously.
- Click Publish Link.
The search now displays on the quick links navigation bar for mobile devices.