Release 4.8 is almost here! The release on August 5th, 2021, is packed full of powerful and practical features. Centralize your content with our new Microsoft features, hashtags, and an improved search, or optimize your editorial process by trying out our new ghostwriting feature, improved comment overview, or comment moderation flows. Discover more below:
Quiz Calendar plugin
Replacing the Advent Calendar, the new Quiz Calendar brings the same calendar-based quizzes with more flexible options. Set custom time frames for your calendars to create engaging quizzes any time of year, like leading up to a product launch, company anniversary, or event. Participants also benefit from immediate feedback on their quiz answers and an improved scoring system. The Quiz Calendar is already available to be installed on your platform today!
Microsoft 365 Document Library Widget
OAuth 2.0 Microsoft Connection
Improved Microsoft 365 Search
Improved Comments Overview
Strategy at your fingertips! Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information on how campaigns can boost your content strategy game.
Search Categories on Mobile
We already implemented search categories for desktop, but we’re bringing it to mobile! With 4.8, all mobile users can narrow their search results by navigating between tabs for different content types.
Psst. . . Something exciting is coming!
You may have heard about our merger with the internal comms email pros at Bananatag. We are proud to announce that our first Staffbase/Bananatag integration is coming very soon. Stay tuned for more updates around the new combined solution!
- The minimum version for native apps has been raised to 4.2. Users that are still using older app versions will receive a notice to update their app.
- New languages will be available to all customers! Haitian Creole, Marathi, Sinhalese, and Canadian French will be available as content languages and Japanese, Urdu, and Vietnamese as interface languages. Additionally, there will now be two distinct content languages for Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal.
Plugins and Widgets
- Embedding surveys from the Surveys plugin is now possible on news and pages using the Plugin widget.
Included Minor Releases Since 4.7
4.8.05 - July 6, 2021
- On July 12th, 2021 the Advent Calendar will be removed from all Staffbase platforms and replaced by the new Quiz Calendar plugin. It offers the same quiz and content functionalities as the Advent Calendar, plus the ability to plan quiz calendars over a custom time frame, an improved preview mode, and more. To get started, you'll need to install the Quiz Calendar plugin from the plugin overview.
4.8 - June 22, 2021
- When resending notifications in News, the default recipients have been changed from 'All users in this channel' to 'Users who have not yet read this post'.
- Dates on Campaign overviews in the Experience Studio are now formatted based on the language set in the user's browser settings.
- Japanese, Urdu & Vietnamese are now available as interface languages.
- The Forms editor has been improved for a better user experience.
- In Quick Pulse Surveys, the preview for editors has been improved.
- In some cases, exporting journey analytics didn’t work. This has been fixed.
- When editing the visibility in the page settings, sometimes additional information about user groups, such as the number of members, was not displayed in the dropdown menu. This has been fixed.
- In the settings for Pages, when a page creator's name was too long, their profile image did not display properly. This has been fixed.
- On the Internet Explorer browser, in the Statistics Dashboard the text in the News Interactions field did not display correctly. This has been fixed.
- In Internet Explorer, when previewing a CSV import, the values to be updated for existing users were not displayed. This has been fixed.
4.7.5 - June 8, 2021
- In the search, you can now filter news posts and content by date range. Use the filters and select specific date ranges you want to search for.
- With our improved SSO login process, you increase security for your Staffbase platform even further. If your organization is using SSO for the login process, you can now transition users that are using username and password and ensure that afterward, only the SSO login works. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about transitioning to the improved SSO login.
- When creating a new post for a campaign, you can now search for specific channels from the channel dropdown menu.
- The CSV export of journey analytics has been improved with two more fields for a better differentiation of users: user_ID and external_ID.
- Portuguese (Portugal) is now available as a content language and you can now differentiate between Portuguese (Brazil) and Portuguese (Portugal).
- Journeys for new users that registered to the app were also presented to already signed-up users. This has been fixed and already signed up users don’t see these journey posts anymore.
- In some cases, profile pictures were blurry after cropping. This has been fixed.
- On Pages, adding a panel to the Accordion widget caused the page to stop responding. This has been fixed.
- In the settings for Pages, scrolling wasn't possible in some cases. This has been fixed.
- When creating a post for a campaign, not all channels were available in the dropdown menu. This has been fixed.
- After initial problems with the rollout of the Group Subscription and Embedded Page Widget, they are now available to all Dynamic Pages customers.
- In the News Stage widget, the positioning of the title and teaser texts for news posts has been optimized.
- For form submissions, the email footer was not displayed properly. This has been fixed. Now, a customized email footer is displayed, if it was defined during your app setup process.
- When using the SSO onboarding, in some cases user identifiers were stored as email addresses, which could lead to it being incorrectly used for communications, such as email notifications. Now, all SSO properties are stored correctly and email addresses have to be given explicitly.
- In the CSV export files for news statistics, the column for the channel ID was missing. This has been fixed.
4.7.4 - May 25, 2021
- In Quick Pulse Surveys, a tooltip has been added to help editors better infer the survey results.
- Canadian French (français canadien) is now available as a content language.
- In the Experience Studio, the search for user groups has been improved. Now searches for user groups will display more relevant results.
- The Quick Pulse Survey plugin is now available in all supported app interface languages.
- The alignment of the legal documents confirmation dialog was off. This has been fixed.
- When recovering the password via the email link, the username or email field did not correctly auto-populate. This has been fixed.
- In rare cases, new user accounts could not be created. This has been fixed.
- In the News section of the Experience Studio, the reach icon displayed an error message instead of the reach analytics of channels in some cases. This has been fixed and the reach icon now shows the correct data again.
- In the notifications section of the user settings, the toggle to activate push notifications for mentions was missing accessibility support. This has been fixed.
- In some cases, profile pictures were not displayed correctly in the comments section. This has been fixed.
- When adjusting the visibility settings for Pages, the search in the input field didn’t work correctly. API tokens showed as search results no matter which search term was used. This has been fixed.
- In the Page settings, the page name did not display correctly. This has been fixed.
4.7.3 - May 11, 2021
- Previously, folders without first-level content items were not visible in the Menu. This has been improved. All new folders are visible, regardless of their content. To hide folders to simplify the menu structure, use the device visibility feature.
- Marathi and Sinhalese are now available as content languages.
- In Forms, the wording around confidentiality has been improved for clarity.
- In Campaigns, editors can now see the total and potential reach of posts by hovering over the Reach metrics.
- In some cases, the status of invited users remained in the 'pending' status, even if they had already logged in via SSO. This has been fixed.
- On Pages with a File List widget in a table, adding an extra row resulted in files from the widget being removed. This has been fixed.
- In Chat, the Send button was not properly aligned. This has been fixed.
- In the News Stage widget, there were minor issues with formatting and blurry or intruding images. These issues have been fixed.
- When configuring the Plugin widget, space administrators were not able to select forms to be displayed. This has been fixed.
- In certain cases, in News, anchor links did not work. This has been fixed.
- In rare cases, when saving a legal document with updates, the changes were not saved. This has been fixed.
- In certain cases, partial CSV import involving manually deactivated users did not work as expected. This has been fixed.
- In the Experience Studio, in certain cases, after refreshing the user list view, the page and the page number displayed did not match.
4.7.2 - April 27, 2021
- The Quick Pulse Survey plugin has left beta status and is now available to all employee app and intranet customers!
- The Plugin widget is now also available for article posts in News.
- The wording around data confidentiality in the Quick Pulse survey has been improved.
- When navigating away from the Page editor before saving changes, the Discard Changes dialog did not display. This has been fixed.
- With the new Pages overview, pending users could not be added as page editors. This has been fixed.
- In Chat, the Send button was not properly aligned. This has been fixed.
- In Chat, when the background color for chat messages was too dark, attachment names were hard to read. This has been fixed.
- Uploading images in SVG format was not possible. This has been fixed.
- When on a channel or news page, clicking on the logo to go back to the main page did not work. This has been fixed.
- In Pages, it was still possible to make a page visible in the public area, even after limiting the visibility to certain spaces only.
- When accessing a Quick Pulse Survey, the survey did not display when the browser language was set to a language other than English or German.
- On Safari browser, users were unable to confirm the legal confirmation upon sign in. This has been fixed.