You can install Staffbase 365 News Central on SharePoint Online, add it to the SharePoint site of your choice, and configure it to make News Central available as a web part on pages and the News Menu available on the site.
Follow the steps to get News Central ready as a web part:
- Download Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint
- Install Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint
- Add Staffbase 365 News Central to a SharePoint Site
- Configure News Central as a Web Part to a SharePoint Online Site
Downloading Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint
You can download the latest version of Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint from the Studio.
- In the Studio, navigate to Settings > OAuth Client.
The OAuth Client page opens.
- Click Download.
You have downloaded the latest version of Staffbase 365 News Central to your local computer.
Installing Staffbase 365 News Central for SharePoint
Install Staffbase 365 News Central on SharePoint App Catalog so that you add Staffbase 365 News Central to SharePoint sites.
- You have the role of SharePoint Admin to upload apps to the SharePoint admin center.
- You have downloaded the latest version of Staffbase 365 News Central to your local computer.
Navigate to SharePoint admin center > More features.
The More features page opens.
- Click Open for Apps.
- Navigate to App Catalog > Apps for SharePoint.
- Click Upload and select the Staffbase 365 News Central file.
- Click OK.
Under App Package Error Message, check that the uploaded file is without error.
You have added Staffbase 365 News Central as an app.
Now, you can add Staffbase 365 News Central to the SharePoint Online site of your choice.
Adding Staffbase 365 News Central to SharePoint Site
- You have the role of SharePoint Site Owner or Site Collection Admin and can add an app to the SharePoint Online Site.
- Staffbase 365 News Central is already installed in the App Catalog.
- Navigate to the SharePoint Site to which you want to add Staffbase 365 News Central.
Click + New and select App.
The My apps page is displayed.
- Click Staffbase 365 News Central.
You have added Staffbase News as an app and can configure it.
Configuring the News Central as a Web Part on a SharePoint Online Site
After adding Staffbase 365 News Central as an app to the site, you are ready to configure it. The configuration is a one-time setup that creates an OAuth connection with the Staffbase platform and enables News Central for SharePoint pages.
For the setup, you need to:
Add a redirect SharePoint site:
A site redirect page ensures a secure and seamless authorization process between the Staffbase and the SharePoint platforms. You can add a new or an existing redirect page.
You need to add an existing redirect page only when you do not have the necessary permissions to create a new redirect site page. In this case, get the link for the redirect site created for this purpose and add it.
- Establish a connection with your Staffbase app:
To create an OAuth connection with your Staffbase app, provide your Staffbase web app URL and create an OAuth client.
- You must have manage web permissions or higher in the App Catalog for the tenant.
On the SharePoint Online site, click the settings wheel at the bottom right corner of your page.
The News Central Setup dialog is displayed.
- In the Redirect Site URL field, enter the URL to create and add the redirect site.
For example, append your SharePoint site URL with /newscentral-redirect to create a redirect site. Your URL might look like this: https://yourcompany.sharepoint.com/sites/newscentral-redirect
- Click Add.
If you provided a new SharePoint redirect site URL, the redirect site is created automatically and added to the connection. If you provided an existing site, it is added to the connection.The group "Everyone except external users" is added to the redirect site with read-only permissions.
- In the Staffbase Web App URL field, enter the URL for your Staffbase web app.
- Click Connect.
You are redirected to the Staffbase Studio, where the OAuth client connection is created.
- Click Confirm.
It might take a few minutes to establish the connection.You have confirmed the OAuth client connection and will be redirected back to the News Central Setup dialog.
- Click X to close the setup dialog.
You have configured News Central as a web part. Now you're ready to add News Central to a SharePoint page.