The session lifetime describes the maximum time a user can stay signed in their employee app or intranet without any interaction. If users exceed the maximum inactivity time, they are signed out from their employee app or intranet automatically to avoid potential security risks. You can define the maximum inactivity time for your app separately for mobile browsers, mobile app, and desktop app according to your security and compliance needs.
Session lifetime options:
- Default: 6 months
- Maximum: 6 months
- Minimum: 5 minutes
- Free configuration between minimum and maximum
- In the Studio, navigate to Settings > Security.
- Under the section Session Lifetime, define the session lifetime. You can do this separately for mobile browsers, mobile apps, and desktop browsers.
- Click the dropdown menu to choose the duration in between months, weeks, days, hours and minutes.
- Add a number to define the duration.
- Click Save.
You have defined the session lifetime of your internal communications platform.