To add Viva Engage communities to Pages or News posts, use the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities widget. You can promote one or more Viva Engage communities and display the communities as cards. When users click on a community card, they are directed to the community space in their Viva Engage app.
- You have added the Microsoft 365 Connections to Staffbase.
- You have signed in to Microsoft 365 from your App or Intranet.
- You have activated the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities widget.
- Add the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities widget.
The dialog to configure the widget opens.
- Optionally, provide a title.
The title will be displayed above the widget and be visible to your users.
- Select on which types of devices the widget can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- Under Visibility in the app, select for which users you want to make the widget visible.
- From the Communities dropdown, select the community you want to display as a card.
- Optionally, click the + icon to add another community card.
You can add as many communities as you want by clicking the + icon.
- Click OK.
You have added the Viva Communities widget to a page or post. Once the page or post is published, the widget will be available to the users.
Editing the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities Widget
You can edit the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities widget to change the general settings, update the order of the communities you added, or remove one of the communities.
- In the Studio, navigate to the page or post on which you want to edit the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities widget.
- In the content editor, click the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities widget.
- Click on the menu icon to drag and drop the community and rearrange the order.
- Click OK. You have edited the display order of communities in the Viva Communities widget.
- Click on the X icon to remove a community.
- Click OK. You have removed a community from the Viva Communities widget.
How the Microsoft 365 Viva Communities Widget Looks Like to Users
When users navigate to a page or post with the widget, they are prompted to sign in to their Microsoft 365 account from their Employee App or Intranet if they have not already. When they click on the community card, they are directed to the community in their Viva Engage app.