To add a list of Microsoft files to Pages or News posts in the Staffbase platform, use the Microsoft 365 Files widget. Editors can add this widget to show different types of file lists from Microsoft 365, such as trending or recent files, or files from a specific library. Users can choose to view files in either a list or tile view. In addition, the search function in the widget helps users find the file they are looking for quickly.
In SharePoint, the content approval setting allows only approved content to be visible to users. If the content approval setting is enabled for a library from which you want to display files, only approved files are included in the widget. Also, ensure that users have access to the files you want to display in the widget.
Add the Microsoft 365 Files widget.
The dialog to configure the widget opens.
- Optionally, provide a title.
The title will be displayed above the widget and be visible to your users.
- Select on which types of devices the widget can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- Select for which users you want to make the widget visible under Visibility in the app.
- In the dropdown-menu List type, select the list type you want to add to the widget:
- Trending Files
- Displays files that are currently most popular in SharePoint or OneDrive. This file list adapts based on all users' activity to show the most viewed and modified files.
- Recent Files
- Displays the most recently modified files or viewed in SharePoint Online and OneDrive. The file list adapts for each individual user to show the files they interacted with most recently.
- Specific Library
- Displays SharePoint Online files from a document library of any SharePoint Online site. The library shows specific documents in a particular order.
- Displays SharePoint Online files from a document library of any SharePoint Online site based on the search query you provided.
- Query Text: Enter your search query text in Keyword Query Language (KQL).
- Sort Property: Enter the property on which your search needs to be sorted.
- Sort Order: Select the order in which you want the search to be sorted.
This number of files will automatically display in the file list for users. Further files will be displayed by scrolling.
The widget is added to the page.
You have configured and added the Microsoft 365 Files widget.
How Users Will View the Microsoft 365 Files Widget
When accessing the widget, users are prompted to sign in to their Microsoft 365 account on their employee app or intranet, if they have not already.
Please sign in to leave a comment.