Create new user accounts for communicators in your organization who want to use Employee Email, or for shared communications email addresses that you want to send and track from.
When managing users in an organization with integrated App/Intranet and Email, the main User Settings menu in the Studio and the Team page embedded in this menu fulfill different functions.
Use the Studio to:
- Add users
- Remove users
- Update user information
Use the Team page to:
- Manage users' access to email features, such as sending, styling, and generating reports
- Edit group memberships for email collaboration
- Sign in as other users, for example, shared user accounts created for shared email addresses
New Individual User
- On the Team page, click New User.
- Enter the new user's First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
This account can be for another person in your organization or for another email address that you want to send and track from.Note: The email address of a deactivated Employee Email user account cannot be used to create a new account. To re-activate a user account, contact Staffbase Support.
- Choose a Department from the dropdown menu.
- Choose an existing Group.
If the user does not need to be in any specific existing groups, choose the Default group.
- With Shared Views enabled, all members of a group can access the emails sent by members of their group as well as access drafts made by users in that group.
- Managers may require specific group configurations because they are only able to manage certain settings for Managers or Base Users who belong to the same group as them.
- If the user needs to be put into a new group, click Create New Group, type in a group name, and click the checkmark to save it.
- Choose an Account Type to grant appropriate permissions.
Learn more about user permissions.
- Click Create User.
List of New Users
- Create a comma-separated values (CSV) file with a list of new users in Employee Email's standardized format.
You can create and edit this type of file in most spreadsheet applications.
For example: John, Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, BASE_USER.
- Copy one or more Department name(s) from the dropdown menu on the New User page and add one to the final spreadsheet column for each new user listed.
- On the Team page, click Import Users.
- When prompted, select or drag and drop your CSV file.
- Choose an existing Group for all the users being added.
If they do not need to be in any specific existing groups, choose the Default group.
- Click Confirm.
Once you've added the list of users, their new profiles appear on the Team page.
If someone does not appear right away, the account corresponding to their email address may have previously been removed.
Note: The email address of a deactivated Employee Email user account cannot be used to create a new account. To re-activate a user account, contact Staffbase Support.