With the new Employee Email Alias Sending feature, team members can now use a shared alias to send emails without the need for additional user accounts. Admins can create and manage sharing and sending options for aliases. We recommend using Employee Email Alias Sending instead of logging in as another user. For more information, see Overview of Email Aliases in Employee Email and Switching to Employee Alias Sending.
Sign in as another Employee Email user in your organization to:
- See the same view of the web app (including drafts, templates, and metrics) they see with their current Group membership, account type, and detailed permission settings.
- Send a tracked email from another Employee Email account (for example, an account created for your team's shared email address) and receive the metrics in that account's Dashboard.
- The email account you want to send from must have an Employee Email account associated with it.
- You must have permission to send as the email account you want to send from.
Your organization's mail admin team manages these permissions.
- As a Manager, you only have the option to sign in as another Manager or Base User account that belongs to the same group as you in Employee Email.
- On the Team page, click the person icon next to the user you want to sign in as.
From inside their account, you can:
- Access their saved drafts
- Generate new drafts from their templates
- Send drafts from their email address if send as permissions have been granted by your organization's mail admin team.
- View metrics for emails previously sent from their account
Be aware that metrics will always go to the account that you are sending from.
- When you are done, click Return to your account.
Use this feature carefully. Everything you do while signed in is associated with the account of the person you are using. It may not be apparent who is using the account at the time. Therefore, use this feature with caution and consider the potential security implications associated with impersonation.
Switching to Employee Alias Sending
For existing users
- Reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you have decided to use Employee Alias Sending for them to deactivate Signing in as Another User.
- If signing in as another user was previously used and is now deactivated, you can still access emails as follows:
- If users have previously shared their email drafts before feature deactivation, those with access can continue using them as usual.
- To view emails, ensure that Shared Views Emails is enabled and that you either belong to the same group as the user who sent the email or that you have administrator permissions.
- If none of the above conditions are met, the only way to access the account is to log in as that specific user.
For new users
- For new users, signing in as another user is no longer available.
- Use Employee Email Alias Sending instead. For more information, see Overview of Email Aliases in Employee Email.