With the News Feed widget, you can add posts from news channels and news sites to your pages. It allows you to define, for example, how many posts should be displayed, how the posts should be sorted, and in which layout the newsfeed should be displayed.
The layout option is only available if you select a news channel as the source for the newsfeed. You can choose from the following layouts:
- Enhanced Layout: This layout is detailed with a large thumbnail, title, and teaser text for each post. It is best suited for bringing media to the forefront.
- Compact Layout: This layout shows a small thumbnail, title, and teaser text for each post. It is ideal for displaying a large number of posts at a glance.
- Standard Layout: This layout is a combination of the enhanced and compact layout. The first post in the newsfeed is displayed in the enhanced layout, and all subsequent posts are displayed in the compact layout.
- List Layout: This layout shows a minimalist list with the title and an optional media thumbnail. When the media thumbnail is activated, users recognize videos immediately thanks to the play icon and can play them directly. It is perfect for displaying as many posts as possible.
Configuring the General Settings of the News Feed Widget
Add the News Feed widget.
The dialog to configure the News Feed widget opens.
- Optionally, provide a title.
The title will be displayed above the widget and be visible to your users.
- Select on which types of devices the widget can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- Select for which users the widget will be displayed under Visibility in the app.
- Select which news page or channel to display in the widget under Source.
- Select whether you want to display all available posts or a limited number of posts in the widget under Type of Display.
- Click OK to add the widget or continue configuring the advanced settings.
Configuring the Advanced Settings of the News Feed Widget
- In the dialog to configure the News Feed widget, click Advanced.
- Optionally, select how you want the posts to be sorted in the widget under Sorting.
If you have chosen a news channel as the source of the newsfeed, the posts are automatically sorted chronologically. If you choose a news page as source, you have the choice between a channel-overarching chronological sorting and a channel-specific sorting.
- Optionally, enter the number of posts to be excluded under Skip Posts. For example, if you enter the number 3, the newsfeed will start from the 4th post.
- Optionally, activate the Show Channel Names toggle.
- Optionally, activate the Link to News Source toggle and provide a link text.
The link text will be displayed as a button under the newsfeed and redirects users to the original news source with all available posts.
- If you have selected a news channel as the source of the newsfeed, optionally select under Layout how the feed should be displayed.
- Click OK to save the settings and add the widget to the page.