Journey steps bring users the right content at the right time. There are two types of journey steps:
- Instant step: Instant steps can be thought of as a greeting message. If configured, users will receive an instant step as soon as they join the journey.
- Scheduled step: Scheduled steps can be configured for a specific number of days into a user’s journey.
Anticipate your users’ needs and begin creating journey steps.
- In the Studio, navigate to Content > Journeys.
- Navigate to the journey you want to add content to.
- Click Create First Step.
The journey step content editor opens.
- Provide a title for the step.
- Under Step Content, add the desired content. You can enrich your content by adding text, media, links, widgets, and more.
- Under Schedule, select if you want users on the journey to receive the first journey step instantly or at a scheduled time.
- Instant: Users only receive instant posts the moment they join a journey. You can continue to create instant posts for an active journey, but existing journey users will no longer receive instant posts, only new users. For example, you want your users to start the journey as soon as they register on the app.
- Scheduled: Scheduled steps will appear on a specific time and day after a user starts their journey. To schedule a journey step, select on which day of the journey the step will reach users under Journey Day and the specific time under Time of Day.
- Click Save.
The Journey step has been saved.
You can edit or delete the step, as well as add additional steps from the Journey overview page at any time.