With Employee Email, you can provide calendar invite in the form of .ics files in different ways in your emails:
- Create a clickable link to a calendar invite
- Attach the .ics file with the calendar invite directly to the email
Create a clickable link to a calendar invite
- Create a .ics file for the event. You can do this by selecting an invite from your Outlook calendar and selecting the option to Forward as iCalendar, then downloading the generated attachment.
- On a Mac computer, you also have the option to drag the calendar event onto your desktop.
When your recipients download a .ics file, this automatically adds the event to their Outlook calendar.
- Upload this file to your local intranet or file hosting service, and make a note of the URL.
- Once you have a URL for your event, you can add it as a link in an Email Designer draft.
Links can be added directly to your email text or added to a button.
You have successfully created a link to an event invite within your email.
Attaching the calendar invite directly
Instead of providing a link to the .ics file, you can attach the .ics file directly to your email:
- Create a .ics file for the event as described above.
- Directly attach the .ics file to your email draft.
When recipients open the email, they will see the .ics file as an attachment. They can download and add the event to their Outlook calendar by clicking on the attached .ics file.
You have successfully added a calendar invite to your email.