Staffbase SMS connects with the Twilio messaging platform to reach deskless and frontline workers directly from the Staffbase Studio. First, you must set up Twilio. Start with a free Twilio trial account, and purchase your first Twilio phone number. Then, upgrade your account. For more information, see the Twilio documentation.
Sign up for a Twilio account
- In Twilio, click Start for Free at the top of the page.
- Enter your name, email address, and strong password, and click Continue.
Twilio sends a verification link to your email address.
- Navigate to the email you received from Twilio.
- Click on the verification link.
You are redirected to the Twilio Console.
Verify Your Personal Phone Number
- In the Twilio Console, click Verify Phone Number.
- Select your country and enter your phone number.
- Click one of the following options:
Select code via SMS
Select code via phone call
You receive a verification code and are prompted to enter the code.
- Enter the code and click Verify.
You receive a recovery code.
- Store the recovery code in a safe location.
- Click Continue.
Specify the Twilio Service
- In the Twilio Console, on the welcome page, answer the following questions:
- What do you plan to build with Twilio? Select Notifications.
- Which Twilio product are you here to use? Select SMS.
- Register your organization as Business and Direct Brand.
- How do you want to build with Twilio? Select With no code at all.
- What is your goal today? Select Explore 3rd party integrations.
- Click Get Started with Twilio.
You are directed to the Twilio Console Dashboard.
Get Your Twilio Phone Number
- In the Twilio Console, navigate to Phone Numbers > Manage > Buy a Number.
- Select the country, area code, and capabilities (Voice, SMS, MMS, and Fax) for your desired phone number.
- Click Buy to purchase the Twilio sender phone number.
Verify Caller IDs
For free trial accounts, you can only send SMS to phone numbers that are verified caller IDs on the account.
- In the Twilio Console, navigate to Phone Numbers > Manage > Verified Caller IDs.
- Click Add a new caller ID.
- Select the country code and type the phone number you want to send SMS messages to.
- Select an option to verify the number.
You receive a verification code.
- Click Verify number.
Upgrade Your Twilio Account
For a payment plan, see Twilio SMS pricing.
- In the Twilio Console, click Trial Upgrade at the top.
- In the Main Address section, select your organization's country and main address, and click Save and Continue.
- Enter your tax number on the Tax Information page and click Save and Continue.
- Charge your account with the desired amount on the Fund Your Account page.
- Fill in your payment details on the Payment Method page, and click Confirm <amount>.
Your Twilio account is charged immediately based on the number of messages or your chosen payment plan. Learn more in the Twilio documentation.