Note on product naming: As of 2022, Bananatag is Staffbase's Employee Email product.
To access the latest Employee Email Outlook 365 add-in, your Microsoft Entra ID (previously Azure AD) administrator needs to approve the following scopes, which were not required for the previous add-in version:
When switching to the latest add-in version, if you come across the Approval required dialog, you can get approval in two ways.
- Requesting Approval From Your Microsoft Entra ID Admins
- Signing In With Microsoft Entra ID Admin Credentials
Requesting Approval From Your Microsoft Entra ID Admins
In the Approval required dialog with a list of permissions, click Request Approval.
- Confirm that your Microsoft Entra ID admin has received the request.
They can view and approve your request by accessing their Microsoft Entra Admin Portal and navigating to Enterprise applications > Admin consent requests.
If they do not see the request in their portal, ask a Microsoft Entra ID admin to try signing in with their admin credentials directly in the Approval Required dialog.
Signing In With Microsoft Entra ID Admin Credentials
In this method, the Microsoft Entra ID admin has to sign in and approve permissions on behalf of your organization for the latest Outlook 365 add-in.
- In the Approval required dialog with a list of permissions, ask your Microsoft Entra ID admin to click Sign in with another account.
- Enter the Microsoft Entra ID admin credentials and sign in.
The dialog to accept the request opens.
Select the checkbox to Consent on behalf of your organization.
Your Microsoft Entra ID admin has approved the request on behalf of your organization.
This allows all users to independently upgrade and accept the Permissions requested by the Bananatag Service API.