Note on product naming: Bananatag became Staffbase Email in January 2022.
Some key aspects of Staffbase Email temporarily retain the Bananatag name, such as app.bananatag.com, etc.
For all intents and purposes, Bananatag and Staffbase Email are synonymous.
When your recipients get emails in their inbox, they see a short preview text below the subject line. This preview text gives them extra insight into the email content.
If you send an email you created in the Email Designer without any text, only images or video content, your recipients will see the following text below the subject line:
“No preview is available.”
In rare cases, if an email you created in the Email Designer begins with an image or video, the source code where this content is hosted may be displayed below the subject line.
As a workaround, or just to customize the preview text that appears, you have the option to add a small block with an invisible text element to the beginning of your Email Designer draft.
Customizing the Email Preview Text
- In the Email Designer, drag and drop a new block to the top of your draft in progress.
- Add a text element to the block and type in your custom preview text.
- Select the text, change it to the smallest available size, and change the text color to match the background color.
- Click the - icon to reduce the spacing around the text element.
- Optionally, click outside the text element to select the block around it and reduce its Block Spacing.
You have added your customized email preview text.
Now, when you send your email, this text appears in your recipients’ inboxes below the subject line, followed by the contents of the next text element in your email.