Build your app users' trust and inform them about your data processing practices in a clear way with the Data Safety Section in the Google Play Store Console. The data safety data types are shown in the Google Play Store to provide users with an overview of an app’s data processing practices using symbols and brief language. To create this overview for your users, answer the questionnaire in the Google Play Console. The information you provide will be reviewed by Google as part of the app review process. Information about what data your app processes will be automatically generated and displayed on your app’s page in the Play Store.
Google data safety data types must be declared by developers and will be displayed to users by July 2022.
What does that mean for your app?
If you are setting up a new app that will be distributed via the Google Play Store for the first time, you must submit the data safety questionnaire before the app can be published.
If you have an app that is already published in the Google Play Store, you must submit the questionnaire by July 2022.
Answering the App Data Safety Questions
- You have Admin rights in Google Play Store Console.
- You have Information on how your App processes data. Be sure to also consider custom widgets. Check the list of data types that the data safety questionnaire asks for.
- Sign in to your Google Play Console.
- Choose the app for which you want to configure the data security questionnaire.
- In the side menu, navigate to App Content.
- In the section Data Safety, click Start.
The questionnaire starts with an introduction and leads you through several categories with specific questions about your data processing.
- Data Collection and Security
- Data Types
- Data Usage and Handling
- After filling in the questions, preview your selection at the end of the questionnaire.
- Click Save to submit the questionnaire.
You have submitted the questionnaire for Google’s Data Safety Section information. This information will now appear on your app's page in the Google Play Store.
Please sign in to leave a comment.