Staffbase allows you to map your custom profile fields for automatic user synchronization. To automatically fill information into custom profile fields during user provisioning via the SCIM API, you can configure a System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) attribute for a custom profile field. Your IT department can provide you with the respective SCIM attribute that is used in the SCIM schema. Learn more about how Staffbase supports user management using SCIM, here.
- Your organization uses SCIM 2.0 for user management to the Staffbase platform.
- You have received the qualified SCIM attribute from your IT department for the custom profile you want to map with.
- In the Studio, navigate to Settings > Profile fields.
- Under Custom Fields, hover over the profile field you want to edit.
The gear wheel to edit the settings is displayed.
- Click the gear wheel to open the settings.
A dialog to edit the profile field opens.
- In the Qualified SCIM name field, provide the SCIM attribute to map the custom field.
An example of a qualified SCIM name looks like this:
- Click OK.
The dialog closes.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
This custom profile field is now mapped to a SCIM attribute and used for user synchronization using SCIM.