A partial CSV tag is what differentiates a subset of users when performing a partial CSV import. If each of your branches performs partial CSV import individually, each branch will need a separate tag to identify which subset of users they are updating. Each administrator will select their corresponding tag at the beginning of a partial CSV import. It is important that administrators continually use their tag and do not create a new tag with every partial CSV import. To make sure tags are clearly and consistently named, Staffbase recommends that you establish a naming convention that all administrators can adhere to.
- Navigate to Users > User import and sync.
- Click New import.
- Upload the CSV file containing the user information you would like to associate with this tag.
- Under Advanced settings > Apply to these users use the dropdown menu to select Use a new tag…
A dialog to create a new tag opens.
- Provide a name for the new partial import tag.
Make sure that this tag has a name that is recognizable, so that other administrators do not use it by mistake. Using the wrong tag, can cause users to be deactivated or duplicated.
- Click OK.
- Click Continue and finish with the CSV import as usual, beginning with step 7.
Upon completion, this partial CSV tag you have created will be applied to all users from the CSV file.