What can you do with the CSV import?
The Staffbase platform is able to process CSV files, making CSV import an easy method for your user management. If you need further information on CSV files, read for example Wikipedia - Comma-separated values.
You can use the CSV import during the whole user life cycle. This includes the following use cases:
- Rollout of the app and first user import of user data, see Setting up the CSV File
- Import of users and sending invitations to new users, see Uploading the CSV File
- Deactivating and removing users
- Updating user data
You can perform a CSV import whenever needed: once a month, once a week or even on a daily basis.
You can export up-to-date user data at any time.
- If employees are removed from the list their accounts will be deactivated
automatically. Always use the complete CSV file with all user data for CSV synchronization.
- Changes made manually within the system will be overwritten by the information contained within your CSV file.
Example: The user "John Doe" changes his name to "Donald Duck". The CSV import will overwrite the name back to "John Doe", if your CSV import includes the names.
What types of CSV imports are available to me?
Staffbase offers both manual and automatic CSV imports. They both perform the same function. Manual imports can be performed in the Studio, whereas automatic imports are done on a schedule connecting to Staffbase endpoints. Learn more about it here.
How does the CSV import work?
When you upload the CSV file to the Staffbase platform, the file is analyzed. Then you select what column gets mapped to what profile field provided in the app. If you’ve uploaded users via CSV import previously, you will see a preview of the changes the import will perform, such as the number of added, deleted, or updated users.
Upload the CSV file and keep your users in sync!