Adding Tags to a CSV File
Once you have enabled tagging for a profile field, you can create tags, such as specific office locations or departments and assign them to each user.
It is not possible to manually add tags to a user profile. Use the CSV Import or the User API to do so.
- Open the CSV file containing your user data.
- Create a column for each profile field for which tagging is enabled.
Add the appropriate value for each user.
In this example, the user’s office location is added to the column for location group tags.
Be sure to add only one value for each user.
- Save your CSV file.
Syncing Users to Conditional Groups via CSV Import
- In the Experience Studio, navigate to Users > User import and sync.
- Click New import.
- Upload the CSV file you have just edited and click Continue.
- Using the drop down menus, select the field that corresponds with each column of your CSV, and click Continue.
If you have created a tag to correspond with a system profile field, such as office location or department, be sure to check off both the system profile field and the tag you have created.
Review the overview of changes.
Click Perform import.
A dialog asking you to confirm your import opens.
- To proceed with the import, click Perform import.
A dialog will open with an overview of changes after successful import.