Tags are attributes added to a user’s profile. These tags allow you to create automated groups based on specific conditions, also known as conditional groups. By creating user groups based on tags, you can target content, for example, for specific departments, interest groups, or locations. These tag-based user groups cannot be managed manually, but require maintenance via CSV synchronization or User API.
You can enable tagging for existing profile fields, as well as new ones. These profile fields can be hidden, so that they are not publicly visible in the user’s profile.
- In the admin interface, navigate to Settings > Profile fields.
- Under Custom Fields, hover over the profile field you want to edit.
The gear wheel to edit the settings is displayed.
- Click the gear wheel to open the settings.
A dialog to edit the profile field opens.
- Under Options, activate the Enable Group Tagging toggle.
- Click OK.
The dialog closes
- At the top of the page, click Save.
This profile field is now available for user group tagging.