How to start
Is your company already registered with the Google Play Console?
- If yes, skip the instructions here and go to Inviting Staffbase to your Google Play Console Account
Does your company have a Google Account?
- If yes, go to the second step.
- Register for a Google account. Or check if your company has a Google account. G Suite accounts can be used as well.
- Register for the Google Play Console.
The Google Play Console is the interface where you will manage your Google apps. There is a one-time registration fee of $25. It can take up to 5 days for Google to process your registration.
- For your Google Play Console account, enter your organization’s name as the Public developer name.
The Public developer name is displayed in the Google Play Store.
The Public developer name refers to the entity that is legally responsible for the app, in your case, this is your organization. Don’t use the name of one of your employees or ‘Staffbase’ as this causes problems in the store review of your app.
- Enter the Contact email address.
The contact email can be one of the following:
- An email address from your organization
- A Gmail address from your organization’s Google account