You can set recovery codes that permanently belong to a user. For a large number of users it is easiest to do this with a user data import.
Importing Given Permanent Recovery Codes with the CSV Import
- In the CSV file, create a column for the recovery codes. Have a look at our CSV example files with recovery codes.
- Fill in the recovery codes for the users that need one. You do not need to have recovery codes for all users and can leave the cell empty.
- During the CSV import, map the column with the recovery codes to the according property.
Letting the System Generate Permanent Recovery Codes During a CSV Import
- Create a CSV file without recovery codes. If you need permanent recovery codes for some users you can enter them and leave the cell empty for the other users.
- During the CSV import, activate the checkbox to automatically generate recovery codes.
This function respects if you import given recovery codes and only generates a new recovery code if the data was empty on import.
Import Recovery Codes via User API
If you import your user data via the User API, you find further information in our Developer Portal.
With the API, it is not possible to let the system generate permanent recovery codes. You can either import given recovery codes or leave this data empty. For users without permanent recovery code that login with an email address the temporary recovery codes are automatically provided by the system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.