The employee app serves different use cases when used on desktop and mobile devices. With the visibility settings for menu items, it is possible to create different menus that serve these use cases:
- On mobile devices, the small screen requires a simple and short menu structure to access content fast. Deeper levels of content can still be reached via search or when linked directly.
- On desktop devices, the employee app can serve as the front door intranet that gives access to deeper levels of content. With bigger device screens, a full content menu with flyouts for deeper levels allows users to find their content faster.
Navigating to the Menu Item
You can configure the menu item visibility in the following ways:
- Menu settings
- In the Experience Studio, navigate to Menu.
- Click the gear wheel of the menu item for which you want to adjust the visibility.
A dialog to edit the menu item opens.
- Settings of the particular News, Pages, or plugin
- In the Experience Studio, navigate to the News, Pages, or plugin for which you want to adjust the visibility.
- Click the gear wheel.
The page to edit the settings opens.
Setting the Menu Item Visibility
- In the page or dialog to edit the settings, under Device visibility, activate the devices for which the menu item should be displayed.
- blue = visible in menu
- white = not visible in menu
How Users Will View the Different Menus
Menu on Desktop:
|Menu on Mobile:
The menu item Partnerlink
is set to not visible