Apple Business Manager allows you to distribute your apps outside of the public app store. Apple Business offers distribution options via Mobile Device Management (MDM) for company-owned devices or via a download link for users’ private mobile devices. There is no additional costs for these distribution methods. Using an MDM solution with Apple Business, you have full control over who can access your app, whereas when using the download link option, anyone with access to the download link can download the app. Select the Apple Business distribution option that aligns best to your business requirements.
Benefits of App Distribution with the Apple Business Manager
- Public area is optional
- A less intensive app review process
- Automatic app updates, if the option is enabled on the user’s device
- No bad reviews from the public, who did not know that it is an internal employee app
- An easy distribution method for company owned devices with MDM
- Works for employee owned devices via a download page that redirects users to app store
Steps to Configure Mobile Device Management with the Apple Business Manager
Mobile Device Management (MDM) with Apple Business Manager allows you to install apps and roll-out updates to all company-owned devices in bulk.
- Contact with your IT department to identify the best possible MDM solution for your organization.
- Enroll for an Apple Business Manager Account.
- Configure your Apple Business Manager Account.
- Accordingly, add MDM server to your Apple Business Manager.
Now, your account is ready to roll out your apps using MDM.
Steps to Configure the Download Link with Apple Business Manager
Using Apple Business Manager's download link solution, you provide users a link from which they can download the app to their mobile devices. Here, only users with the link can access the download page and download the app. Staffbase provides a download page from which users can download the app.
- Let Staffbase know that you want to distribute your app using a download link.
- Enroll for an Apple Business Manager account.
- Configure your Apple Business Manager account.
- Send your Apple Business Manager details to Staffbase.
- Create and download redemption codes in Apple Business Manager.
- Upload redemption codes to the Staffbase platform.
- Provide users with the link to the download page.