Configuring the App Information
- Log in to App Store Connect and navigate to My Apps and open the app profile you created earlier.
- Make sure all the required languages are set.
- Check the app name.
- Select the categories for your app. Staffbase suggests Social network and News.
- Click Save.
Configuring Pricing and Availability
- Navigate to Pricing and Availability.
- Set app pricing to free.
- Adjust available countries if necessary.
If you restrict the availability of your app to certain countries, only employees with app store accounts in those countries will be able to find and download your app in the stores. The geographical location of the employee does not matter for accessing the app store.
For example, an app is only available in the French app store. In this case an US American employee would not be able to see the app. A French employee who resides in the USA will still be able to download and use the app while being in the USA.
- Select Available with no discount.
- Click Save.
Configuring the Current Version of the App
- Staffbase provides you with files and information you need to fill into your app profile:
- Screenshots of your app
- The version number of your app file
- Reviewer login credentials
- Navigate to iOS App current version, usually 1.0.
- For each language:
- Fill in the app information.
- Add the store description.
Your app needs public relevance to get into the Apple App Store. You create an app store description that creates public relevance by mentioning the following points:
- Introduce your company, e.g., your field of service and your typical customers.
- Describe your app’s target audience as partners, employees, and customers.
- Explain the content that will be available in the public area, e.g., company news, event reviews, and jobs.
- Mention features like push notifications.
This app keeps you up-to-date regarding information and news about company ABC. With push notifications, you know what’s going on - always and everywhere. On top of that, the app offers the following features: [...] Stay tuned!
- Add more keywords that fit the company name and description, e.g. news, feed, events, information, notification.
- Add the support URL and marketing URL, both can be your homepage.
- Add the screenshots of your app Staffbase provided you. The screenshots are made made on an iPhone and an iPad.
- Add the app icon.
- Adjust version to the version number you received from Staffbase.
- Fill the Copyright section with your company information.
- Edit the rating. In most cases select None or No.
- Add the credentials of the reviewer login to the ones you received from Staffbase.
- Adjust the release timing if necessary
- Click Save.