What can you do with the CSV import?
Staffbase is capable of processing CSV files. This make the CSV import an easy method for your user management. If you need further information on CSV files, read for example Wikipedia - Comma-separated values.
You can use the CSV import during the whole user life cycle. This includes the following use cases:
- Rollout of the app and first user import of user data, see Setting up the CSV File
- Import of users and sending invitations to new users, see Uploading the CSV File
- Deactivating and removing users
- Updating user data
You can perform a CSV import whenever needed: once a month, once a week or even on a daily basis. You can download an up-to-date user at any time.
- If employees are removed from the list their accounts will be deactivated
automatically. Always use the complete CSV file with all user data for CSV synchronization.
- Changes made manually within the system will be overwritten by the information contained within your CSV file.
Example: The user "John Doe" changes his name to "Donald Duck". The CSV import will overwrite the name back to "John Doe", if your CSV import includes the names.
How does the CSV import work?
You upload the CSV file manually in the Experience Studio. The file gets analyzed and you select what column gets mapped to what profile field provided in the app. If you uploaded users via CSV import previously, you will get a preview of the changes the import will perform, such as amount of added, deleted, or updated users.
Just upload the CSV file and keep your users in sync!