You can’t manage what you can’t measure. This is especially true when it comes to communities and audiences. Staffbase believes it is in your and your users’ legitimate interest to measure and increase the reach and efficiency of your news, and other content. So that you can provide your users with content that is engaging and relevant to them. For Staffbase, it’s essential that a tool that measures engagement has a strong focus on privacy and data protection.
Staffbase processes limited personal data, for the provision of Analytics in the Studio. Staffbase applies the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standards as the data processor and processes personal data only in accordance with the applicable data processing agreement (DPA). You remain in control over the information processed for the provision of Analytics for your organization.
We Value Your Employees’ Privacy
Staffbase has placed privacy and data protection at the core of how we develop our products, services, and internal governance. This also applies to the way Analytics is built. For this reason, we ensure the following:
- No third-party analytics services: We do not use the services of any third party, such as Google Analytics. We have built Analytics and manage it in-house to provide you with valuable insights into your content and its reach and engagement.
- Data minimization: For the provision of Analytics, Staffbase only processes limited information that is related to user activities. Information that is required to create the Analytics metrics includes:
- A timestamp to filter activities based on time.
- A User ID to determine unique user metrics.
The User ID is a random set of numbers that has no relation to other user attributes, such as the user’s name. It is generated by Staffbase upon the creation of each user account and it is securely stored in our systems. The use of User IDs for the benefit of Analytics gives you an accurate picture of your user engagement.
- No user profile tracking: Analytics does not create individual user profiles for tracking the steps of a particular user. Instead, these individual activities are aggregated into useful reports on general user interactions. For example, in the Studio you can see how many unique users created a post on Monday afternoon, but you cannot see which exact users they were.
- Opt-in and opt-out options: Upon request, Staffbase can activate an opt-in or opt-out option for Analytics. With the opt-in option, users are asked one time upon login to agree to the confidential analysis of their usage data to improve the App experience. With the opt-out option, your users can object to the use of their User ID for the purposes of analytics from their App settings. For more information about the opt-in and opt-out options, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
When either of these options is activated, be aware that your Analytics metrics will no longer reflect your entire user base.
Reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you have any questions about Analytics.
Please sign in to leave a comment.