Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online provide essential functions for document and metadata management. With this easy-to-use integration, the Staffbase platform acts as a central entry point to connect both Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online.
Documents from Microsoft 365 can be configured to display in your employee app so that users can view their most recently opened documents, trending files, files from a selected SharePoint Online document library, or a combination of these lists from any SharePoint Online site within Microsoft 365. The SharePoint Online file lists are displayed in your employee app, but when users open a document, they are redirected to Microsoft 365. This integration makes the Staffbase platform an entryway to the digital workplace without interfering with the core functionality of your collaboration systems.
Installing the Microsoft 365 Files Plugin to Your App
- You have a Microsoft 365 user account
- In the admin interface, navigate to Add plugin.
- Navigate to Microsoft 365 Files and click Install.
The dialog to add a file list opens.
- Provide a title for the file list.
- Set the visibility for the file list from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add File List.
You have added the Microsoft 365 Files plugin and your first file list. Later, you can add more file lists.
Granting Permission to Access SharePoint Online via the App
The first time you access the Microsoft 365 Files plugin, you will need to grant your app permission to access SharePoint Online.
- You need to have the role Global Administrator (Microsoft 365) in SharePoint Online to grant permission.
- In the admin interface, open the Microsoft 365 File list you created.
The Microsoft 365 Sign in page opens.
You can only configure file lists for one Microsoft tenant using the Microsoft 365 File List plugin.
- Click Sign in and follow the steps to sign into your Microsoft account.
- Select the checkbox for Consent on behalf of your organization and click Accept.