What are hashtags?
Hashtags are a way of tagging content with relevant words or phrases. Hashtags can be used for a number of different reasons, for example:
- Making content around a specific topic discoverable.
- Showing support or excitement around an initiative.
- Showing self-expression, such as humor, opinion, or mood.
How do hashtags work?
- Hashtags need to start with a letter.
- You can use the underscore symbol (_) in hashtags, but most other symbols and special characters aren’t supported.
You can also click on a hashtag to find more content around that topic. A search results page will then open with all news posts and pages that use the hashtag in the content body.
Where can I use hashtags?
Depending on your account role, you can also use hashtags in the body of most content types, such as on pages and in news posts.