Everyone can use hashtags in the comments of news posts. Depending on your account role, you can also use hashtags in the body of most content types, such as on pages and in news posts.
Easily use hashtags by typing the pound symbol and writing the word or phrase you want to use. As you type, you’ll see suggestions of previously used hashtags that begin with the same letters. This way, you can easily see if the phrase you want to hashtag has already been used and select it right from the list. This can be helpful to avoid creating similar hashtags for the same initiative since hashtags are spelling and case-sensitive.
Here are a few tips for using hashtags:
- Write with the spelling and capitalization exactly as you want them to appear, as they are spelling and case-sensitive.
- Include the underscore symbol (_), but most other symbols and special characters are not supported.
Add a Hashtag
- Navigate to the comment or content in which you want to add a hashtag.
- Type the pound symbol (#) and start writing the word or phrase you want to use.
- Optionally, select one of the suggested hashtags which appear as you type.
- Click the Enter key or enter a space.
You have added a hashtag to your comment or content.
Please sign in to leave a comment.