The Google Drive widget allows users to access files from their Google Drive with just one click directly from your organization’s intranet. The widget is personalized for each user and will automatically display their most recently viewed files. Additionally, users can search for any files in their Google Drive using the search field inside the widget. Configure the Google Drive widget to create a bridge between your organization’s Google and Staffbase platforms.
- You must have the Google client ID from your IT department.
- In the Studio, navigate to the page to which you want to add the Google Drive widget.
Add the Google Drive widget.
The dialog to configure the Google Drive widget opens.
- Optionally, provide a title.
This title will be displayed above the widget content.
- Deselect the mobile icon, so that the visibility is set for desktop users only.
- Select for which users you want to make the widget visible for under Visibility in the app.
- Provide the Client ID. This can only be set up by the administrator of your organization’s Google account.
- Optionally, customize the height of the widget for desktop devices.
- Click OK.
How Users Will View the Google Drive Widget
Users will see the Google sign-in screen the first time they use the widget. They will need to sign in and consent to connect their Google Drive with the Staffbase employee app or intranet before seeing their recent files.