The Launchpad functions in a similar way to the Launcher on a smartphone. It is a place where you can add apps to all the websites, tools, and apps your users access regularly. An app can be anything from a software tool that your employees use regularly to an external website.
As all apps are not of equal importance to everyone in your company, you can configure the launchpad to target sets of users. Then, each department or group sees a launchpad configured to their needs. Activate the launchpad in your employee app and give your users a shortcut to their most valuable work tools.
The Launchpad is optimized for use on desktops. If you would like to add the Launchpad for your mobile users as well, contact your Customer Success Manager to learn about the options.
- You need to add at least one app to make the Launchpad visible to users.
- Make sure users have access to the apps, software, and websites that you add to the launchpad.
Adding Apps to the Launchpad
Check if the app you want to add to the Launchpad can be opened from a single URL on both mobile and desktop devices.
- If yes, add a single instance of the app and keep it visible for both, mobile and desktop devices.
- If not, you need different URLs for mobile and desktop devices. Add two different instances of the app and use the device visibility settings to define the visibility specifically for mobile devices and desktop devices.
- In the Studio, navigate to the Content > System.
- Click Launchpad.
- Click Add app.
A dialog to add a new app to the Launchpad opens.
- Give your app a title.
- For Target URL, add the link to the app.
- Optionally, enable the toggle Open externally to open the link in an external mobile browser for mobile app users.
- Upload an icon for this app.
Each app icon in the Launchpad is displayed as 100 x 100px. If the icon you uploaded is larger, it will be downsized for optimal fit.
- Provide a description of the app.
This description will provide keywords for the search function and help users learn more about the app when they hover over the icon with their cursor.
- Select the visibility of the app from the dropdown menu.
This setting is helpful, if only a specific user group has access to the app or if this app is only relevant for a certain department.
- Select on which types of devices the app will be available on by clicking on the corresponding icon.
If the URL for the app functions for both mobile and desktop devices, set the visibility to both the devices.
If the URL for the app functions only for a specific device, set the visibility accordingly.
- Click Save.
How Users Will View the Launchpad in the Web App
On desktop, the Launchpad is visible in the top menu bar.
How Does the Custom Setup of The Launchpad Look for My Mobile Users?
On mobile devices, the Launchpad can be made available via adding a link to it. Such links can either be added to the menu with the Link plugin or in the Quick Links bar. In both cases, the link opens the Launchpad page, from which users can either scroll through the apps or use the search function.
To set up the link, reach out to your Customer Success Manager.