Share and amplify your organization’s key messages by adding images and videos to your screen embedding slideshow for large screens. Slideshows show a rotation of the latest news posts—and you can add a fixed set of images or videos to display repetitively. With this mix of static custom content and dynamic news content, your message gets the best presentation on screen.
- Media are displayed after all the news posts in the slideshow.
- Images are shown for 15 seconds.
- Videos are played for their full length, without any audio.
Limitations with the beta version:
Depending on the device you use for screen embedding, images or videos might not display correctly.
- Staffbase recommends attaching a computer or media player to a screen to run the slideshow via the computer browser. Possible devices could be Dell Micro PC or HP Thin Client with Windows, Chromecast 4K with Google TV, or Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
- When using a screen with a built-in browser, Staffbase recommends checking the Chromium version the browser is based on. As the browsers usually can’t be updated, issues are more likely to occur on older screen models. A Chromium version of 63 or higher is more likely to work. For example, find the Chromium versions for LG devices here and the Chromium versions for Samsung devices here.
Adding Images or Videos
- In the Studio, navigate to Content > System.
- Click Screen Embedding.
The Screen Embedding overview page opens.
- Click the slideshow you want to configure.
The slideshow page opens.
- In the Media tab, click Upload from Computer or drag and drop your media to upload the file.
The image or video file is listed under the Media tab.
In the slideshow, the files are presented in the order you see on the Media tab from top to bottom.
- Optionally, upload more images and videos to add to the slideshow.
- Click Save.
Resolution and File Size
While media on your Employee App shouldn’t be too large, for screen embedding it’s the opposite: Use the best media quality available. Ensure to have a good data/internet connection to the screen toplay high-quality images and videos.
- 4K screens: 4K media with 3840x2160 pixels
- Full-HD screens: 1920x1080 pixels
- Landscape screens: 16:9
- Portrait screens: 9:16
For other aspect ratios the media is displayed in its original aspect ratio and the background is filled with the blurred image.
- Video formats: H.264 video in mp4, mov, or avi format
- Image formats: jpg, png, gif, tif, bmp, HEIC, av1/avif
Additional Helpful Information
- Learn more about setting up a slideshow for a large screen
- Supported Media Formats (also applies to Screen Embedding)