As first reported in October 2022, it is currently not possible to share news posts via the Share button on Android devices. When a user clicks the Share button, their app will spontaneously crash. Users will have to restart the app. Staffbase is working on a solution to this problem.
Until this issue is solved, Staffbase recommends advising your users with Android devices to not share news via the Share button.
Allow Sharing News for Android Users
To allow Android users to share news posts while we work to fix this known issue, the news post contributor can include the sharing link directly in the body of the post.
- In the Studio, navigate to the news post where you want to enable sharing for Android users.
- Click Edit.
The edit page opens.
- In the right-side menu, click the text field with the URL you have set for your article under Specify Sharing Link.
If you haven’t defined a sharing URL for your article yet, navigate to the preview of your News post by clicking Save and Live Preview and adding the URL at the bottom to your clipboard.
- Right-click the marked URL text and click Copy.
- Paste the URL text to your article text.
- Click Save.
- Optionally, click Publish Now, if the article is not yet published.
You have included the share link of your News Post to your article text.
If you want to share the content outside of your company, the News channel will need to be visible in your Public Area.