To build custom distribution lists in the Staffbase Email web app, you have the option to add contacts using any of the following methods:
- Uploading a comma-separated values (CSV) file
- Configuring automatic syncs with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and/or Workday
- Configuring automatic syncs from your Staffbase App/Intranet
All of these methods require you to map your contacts' attributes from your data source to a corresponding field in the web app.
Attributes are the characteristics that differentiate one recipient from another, which enable you to segment your audience and target your communications to specific groups.
If there is no existing option in the dropdown to match an attribute that you want to use, you have the option to either skip mapping it or create a new field to store this information.
Creating a New Field
- Click Create a new field.
A dialog opens.
- Enter a new Field Name.
- Select one of the following as the Data Type:
Accepts letters, numbers, spaces, punctuation, and most symbols.
Accepts only numbers and dots.
- Date (YYYY-MM-DD)
Must be in a valid date format.
- Click Create Field.