Note on product naming: Bananatag became Staffbase Email in January 2022.
Some key aspects of Staffbase Email temporarily retain the Bananatag name, such as app.bananatag.com, the Bananatag Service API, etc.
For all intents and purposes, Bananatag and Staffbase Email are synonymous.
To access the latest Staffbase Email Outlook 365 add-in, your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) administrator needs to approve the following scopes, which were not required for the previous add-in version:
When switching to the latest add-in version, if you come across the Approval required dialog, you can get approval in two ways.
Requesting Approval From Your Azure AD Admins
- In the Approval required dialog with a list of permissions, click Request Approval.
- Confirm that your Azure AD admin has received the request.
They can view and approve your request by accessing their Azure Admin Portal and navigating to Enterprise applications > Admin consent requests.
If they do not see the request in their portal, ask an Azure AD admin to try signing in with their admin credentials directly in the Approval Required dialog.
Signing In With Azure AD Admin Credentials
In this method, the Azure AD admin has to sign in and approve permissions on behalf of your organization for the latest Outlook 365 add-in.
- In the Approval required dialog with a list of permissions, ask your Azure AD admin to click Sign in with another account.
- Enter Azure AD admin credentials and sign in.
The dialog to accept the request opens.
- Select the checkbox to Consent on behalf of your organization.
- Click Accept.
Your Azure AD admin has approved the request on behalf of your organization.
This allows all users to independently upgrade and accept the Permissions requested by the Bananatag Service API.