With the latest release, we've improved the overall speed, stability, and performance of the Outlook 365 add-in. We have also improved the way you send an email via an alias, whether you're sending directly from your Outlook desktop application or through the add-in.
In This Article
- Get Access to the Latest Outlook 365 Add-in
- Revert Back to the Previous Add-in Version
- Send by Alias More Intuitively With the Latest Add-in
- Add an Alias for the Latest Outlook 365 Add-in
Depending on your organization's permissions settings, you may need to contact your Outlook 365 admin to approve the latest add-in.
In early August 2022, support is ending for the current Staffbase Email Outlook 365 add-in.
All Staffbase Email customers are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version at your earliest convenience.
Get Access to the Latest Outlook 365 Add-in
You will see a toggle on your add-in sidebar when you open it.
- Click on the toggle. The sidebar will automatically close so that it can update to the latest version.
- Relaunch the sidebar and authenticate your account.
Note: You may need to contact your Outlook 365 admin to approve the latest add-in.
- Accept the Permissions Requested.
- Send as usual!
Revert Back to the Previous Add-in Version
From the add-in's Send or Draft sidebar, click on the toggle again.
You will be prompted to reauthenticate to go back to the old add-in.
Choose an email address for the From field in the add-in sidebar.
Choose an email address for the From field directly in your email composer.
If you're sending from an Email Designer draft that you'd like to track, the process is the same as before.
Add an Alias for the Latest Add-in
- In the From field of an Email Designer draft, open the alias selection dropdown.
- Click Add New Alias.
- Click Add An Account.
- Type in the email address that you want to use as an alias.
If you have approval from your IT or Admin to send from this address, you will successfully be able to Save.