If you have already installed a Staffbase Email add-in or extension for your email client but its buttons and menus are no longer appearing where you expect to see them, use these troubleshooting steps to check if it has been disabled and re-enable it.
Outlook 2013 and 2016 occasionally disable add-ins without asking for permission to do so.
If the Create With Staffbase button is greyed out or missing from your Outlook ribbon, follow these steps to re-enable the Staffbase Email Classic add-in.
- In Outlook, navigate to File > Info.
- Click Slow and Disabled COM Add-ins or Manage Add-ins.
- In the new window that opens, look for "Staffbase Email Classic" and click Always enable this add-in.
The add-in is re-enabled. The Create With Staffbase button is displayed in your Outlook ribbon again.
Next to the navigation bar in your Chrome browser, a Staffbase icon is also displayed in blue when you have Gmail or Staffbase Email open in your active browser tab.
This icon is also displayed in grey when you have other webpages open.
If these indicators are not displayed in your Gmail inbox or your Chrome browser, follow these steps to re-enable the extension.
- Click the three vertical dots to open the Chrome menu.
- Navigate to More Tools > Extensions.
- Locate the Staffbase Email extension and click the toggle to re-enable it.
- Close your Chrome browser completely, then open it again and go to your Gmail inbox.
If you are prompted, click Authorize Staffbase.
The extension is re-enabled. The Staffbase Email Drafts and Settings buttons are displayed in your Gmail inbox again.