This legacy integration enables you to draft and schedule multiple employee communications for Slack through the Staffbase Email web app.
Build a draft message for Slack by setting the Channel, Sending Account, and Message content.
- In the Staffbase Email web app, click Chat (Beta).
- Click New Chat Draft.
- Start typing to select the name of the Target Channel you'd like your message to be posted in.
- Confirm the desired Sending Account is selected.
- Write your Message Title and Message content.
- Click Save Draft.
Your draft message has been built. You can update, schedule, or send it.
To add an emoji to your message, simply add the code for the specific character you'd like to add, with a colon (:) on either side.
You can find the codes for all emojis on this page. Here are a few examples:
You can also use basic formatting within slack messages by using the following codes:
- Bold - Place an Asterisk (*) before and after the word you'd like to be bolded. For example, *Hello* would be displayed as Hello
- Italics - Place an underscore (_) before and after the word you'd like to be italicized. For example, _Hello_ would be displayed as Hello