Note on product naming: Bananatag became Staffbase Email in January 2022.
Some key aspects of Staffbase Email temporarily retain the Bananatag name, such as the Bananatag Outlook add-in, app.bananatag.com, etc.
For all intents and purposes, Bananatag and Staffbase Email are synonymous.
Welcome to Staffbase Email! Our north star is helping teams like yours grow the effectiveness and impact of their email communications.
Staffbase Email helps you create beautiful employee emails, distribute them to your own customized employee lists, and measure engagement so you can improve your internal communications strategy and make a measurable impact.
Get Started With Web App
The Staffbase Email web app is a set of features that allow communicators to import contacts from a CSV or an employee directory like Azure Active Directory (AAD), quickly create and manage distribution lists, and send tracked emails directly from your without using your email client.
Sending from the web app enables you to:
- Create distribution lists without IT
- Send targeted emails to lists based on any employee attributes you store, such as department, location, job role, and more
- Follow-up with only those employees that didn’t open an email
- Capture engagement data with unique recipient tracking
- Break down email engagement metrics by employee attributes
There are four main steps to access the powerful functionality that the web app has to offer:
Verify and Connect your Email Domain
You will likely need your IT team to assist in the initial domain verification process, which authorizes Staffbase Email to send on behalf of your domain using our systems.
For users importing contacts via CSV, Cloud-based integration (such as Azure AD), or a hybrid approach, domain verification is the only step required before you can start sending emails through app.bananatag.com.
- To complete Domain verification, start in app.bananatag.com
- Navigate to your settings by clicking the menu in the upper right corner, then Settings.
- Click the Web App tile (You must be an Admin or Parent Admin account to see this tile).
- On the Domain Connect page, enter the domain URL in which you wish to send from.
Note: Multiple email sub-domains can be used for sending for Enterprise level accounts, but these domains must be entered separately. Unless a domain/sub-domain is configured here, it will not work with the web app.
E.g., comms.acmecorporation.com and acmecorporation.com must both be added if communications are being sent from those domains if you are intending to send emails from
both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your IT team will have some steps to complete on their end to update your organization’s internal and external DNS settings. You can refer them to this article about setting up your server settings and completing the connection.
Upload or Connect your Lists
You can take a few different approaches to manage your list of recipients depending on your preferences and the plan you are on.
- Click Contacts on the top navigation bar. From here you have three options depending on your plan:
- Upload a CSV of contacts to act as a list
- Integrate with a cloud-based Active Directory like Azure
- Take a hybrid approach
- Map the information being received from your source to relevant groups.
For instance, you may want to map their location to send communications to specific areas your employees are in and their department, but perhaps their phone number is irrelevant to you.
Once you map or skip the information, you are ready to build your lists.
Build Your Contact Lists
- Click on Directory to find all of the imported contacts. This is every contact you have added to your account.
- Click Add New Filter to narrow down your recipients. Choose a field, for instance, Department, these are comprised of the categories included in the import stage.
- Next, add one attribute or a few.
- Once completed, all of your created lists are will be available in the lists tab.
- Click Save as List. Name your list and choose whether you would like this list to be dynamic or static.
Create and Send an Email With the Web App
- In the Staffbase Email web app, open your list of Email Designer drafts.
To start creating your first email, click New Email Draft.
- Click Send on the draft you would like to send.
- Add your list(s).
- Add a Subject Line.
- Click Send Now.
Congratulations! You are now ready to send your emails with the Staffbase Email web app.