Once you have uploaded contacts into your Staffbase Email directory, you can filter them to create custom distribution lists based on their different attributes. This way, you are in complete control of your data and can send your communications to any specific segments you choose.
Types of Custom Distribution Lists
You can create simple lists based on single filters, such as:
- Specific teams/departments
- Management tiers
- Office locations
Alternately, you can create complex lists, for example:
- Contacts in the same management tier, except for those in a particular location
- Recent hires in a specific location, except for those with a particular job title
Create a Custom List
- On the Contacts page of the Staffbase Email web app, click Create Filter.
- Choose the attributes that you will include and/or exclude to define the group that you are targeting.
Select as many attributes as you want for each filter, or keep it simple and just use one.
- When your filters are set up, click Save as List.
- Name your list and choose whether you want it to be Dynamic or Static.
- Dynamic lists always update their membership when your contacts' attributes change.
- Static lists retain the same manually-edited list of contacts even when some of their details change.
- You are now able to send emails to this custom list, or review and edit it in the Distribution Lists tab.