In This Article
When tracking links, Staffbase Email had previously been attempting to correct any encoding issues. This was done in an effort to provide the best experience for our users’ recipients.
With the modernization of many browsers and mail clients this extra step is unnecessary for most users and has adversely impacted others. We decided to no longer force error correction on tracked URLs, and are now giving our users the flexibility to input and use whatever URLs they would prefer.
What Does This Change Mean?
When adding links to Email Designer drafts, our users will need to ensure that their links are valid.
Please note that this change has been applied to all links, including existing links in drafts and templates.
Some users may encounter issues with existing links if any of the following conditions are true:
- Your link was generated from a service that uses older link formatting protocols
- Your link has certain characters that may be problematic, including:
What Actions Do I Need To Take?
Staffbase recommends the following steps to ensure your links have not been impacted:
Contact your IT team and ask if your links are being generated by a service using UTF-8 encoding or ASCII encoding.
- Links generated with UTF-8 encoding will not be affected.
- ASCII encoded links may have problems.
Review the links in your most commonly used drafts and templates. If your see one of the problematic characters listed above, please do the following:
- Open the draft or template in the Email Designer.
- Send yourself a tracked email that contains the link.
- Click on the link and see if it still works.
How Can I Get Help?
If you have questions or are experiencing an issue with adding links, please contact your account manager or Staffbase Support.