As part of our troubleshooting process, it may be necessary for you to clear your browsing history, cached images and files, and cookies.
This guide will show you how to do this and how to preserve your cookies if desired.
- Copy and paste the following link into your address bar:
- On the window that appears, ensure that the drop-down menu for Clear the following items from the Past is set to All Time. Do not select Cookies and other site data if you'd like to preserve cookies from other sites.
When that is done, click Clear Data. Then you are done!
Preserving Cookies with Chrome
If you want to preserve your browser's cookies, this can also be done while clearing your browsing history and cached files.
- First, complete the steps listed above. However, ensure that you have unchecked Cookies and other site data before your clear your browser data.
- Open your Cookies page. This can be done by copying and pasting
chrome://settings/siteData?search=cacheinto your browser.
- Once you are on the cookies-page, look for any cookies related to Bananatag.
You can remove the Bananatag cookies by clicking on the Garbage icon. Doing this should remove the Bananatag cookies from your browser without impacting your other cookies.
- Copy and Paste the following link into your broswer
- Scroll down to the section titled Cookies and Site Data and select the Clear Data... button
- On the new window that appears, select Clear. (Please unselect the Cookies and Site Data option if you'd like to preserve cookies from other sites)
- To only remove cookies related to Bananatag, navigate back to
about:preferences#privacyand select the Manage Data... button
- In the new window, enter Bananatag in the search bar and then click on the Remove all shown button:
To clear your browsing history in Edge:
- Copy and paste the following link in your browser:
- On the window that appears, ensure that the drop-down menu for Time range is set to All Time (Do not select Cookies and other site data if you would like to preserve cookies from other sites:
- To only remove cookies related to Bananatag, navigate to
edge://settings/siteData?search=cookieand enter Bananatag in the search bar and select Remove all shown.