Note on product naming: Bananatag became Staffbase Email in January 2022.
Some key aspects of Staffbase Email temporarily retain the Bananatag name, such as the Bananatag Gmail extension, app.bananatag.com, etc.
For all intents and purposes, Bananatag and Staffbase Email are synonymous.
In This Article
Enable a Custom Domain
The tracking pixel component (.gif file) will also be hosted under this custom domain.
Your IT team can set up a custom domain with these simple steps:
- Create a CNAME record that points to Bananatag (now Staffbase Email)
- Once the subdomain is selected and created, point it to custom-domain-2.bananatag.com
- Once completed, contact us with the CNAME details to confirm it is set up correctly on our side
- We will provide you with an additional CNAME record to be added that will allow Amazon Web Services (via ACM) to issue a public certification
- This certification allows for HTTPS
- The certificate can be revoked at any time by removing the DNS record
- Click here for more information about public certifications
- Once the second record has been added, your custom domain will be available
- Do not replace custom-domain-2.bananatag.com with your own link, but rather ensure that custom-domain-2 is set up as a TARGET (or) VALUE for the CNAME that you create.
- In cases where internal DNS records are maintained, organizations will need to update these records to avoid a "page cannot be displayed" error when using tracked links.
- You can pick any domain name you like, as long as it does not include special characters. Special characters will function in URLs.